GMU and JMU Bus Trips

Rambob

Insider
I got an email today from the Alex in the AD about the sponsored bus trips to GMU Tuesday and JMU next Saturday. Apparently, there are so many unsold seats, they may have to cancel both which would be a shame and a bad precedent to set for future bus trips. To quote Alex; "It truly means the world to our team to have Black and Gold in the stands cheering them on so if you are able, we strongly encourage everyone to join us on these trips."

As has been stated on here before, the bus trips are a hoot and are reasonably priced. Call the ticket office at 828-RAMS.

The GMU bus leaves at 2:30(from some place relatively far up Broad if you don't have a car) ...I don't know if the SRAF failed to realize this, but a significant number of students actually have class during that apparently convenient departure time.

Can we buy just game tickets, or does it have to be with the bus trip?

(I'd normally be on the GMU bus, but Grammy is in the hospital in nova, so we're gonna go visit her and go to the game in one trip).

The AD should hold their horses. I expect after VCU clobbers ODSitter Saturday, it will fill up.

I tried to buy tickets through VCU today, no go. Apparently we ran out of time and had to send them back to GMU.

I did just buy them from GMU though.

Are you guys sure about this? I've exchanged emails between the Director of Ticket operations since initially I wasn't certain if I was eligible to go because I was told a few weeks ago they were only for athletic fund people. I got an email TODAY saying my ticket was in the mail.FWIW I have class at 2 but am skipping. If anyone needs a ride to where the bus is let me know...I should be able to give you a ride.

iracer8 said:
Bump, anyone know the status of the gmu trip?

During the radio show last night they said that the GMU trip was on as scheduled although they would still like to have more people sign up. You might want to call the ticket office (828-RAMS) and see if they will confirm that though.

Come on students. Buy a few cases of beer grab 10 friends and get on the bus. Bus trips like these are what being a student is about. A bunch of us have tons of great memories from past trips.

Guys...I just saw today's forecast for the blizzard up here....20'' to 30" inches up from 18-24"!!!!! There is ANOTHER storm coming in on Tuesday coming into DC to drop another 1/2 foot.

Stay home...watch the game on TV where its safe......the bus or car may get stuck on the way up...or you might stuck up here a couple days...the storm is so bad they closed the federal government at 12 Noon.

duncanlamb said:
Guys...I just saw today's forecast for the blizzard up here....20'' to 30" inches up from 18-24"!!!!! There is ANOTHER storm coming in on Tuesday coming into DC to drop another 1/2 foot.

Stay home...watch the game on TV where its safe......the bus or car may get stuck on the way up...or you might stuck up here a couple days...the storm is so bad they closed the federal government at 12 Noon.
Looks like I might be driving up Monday...

vcubanana said:
duncanlamb said:

Looks like I might be driving up Monday...

Why didn't I think of that???!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is my first bus trip. I'm guessing the seats are behind the vcu bench? Do we have enough to get a chant or 2 going like W&M did a few weeks ago?

iracer8 said:
This is my first bus trip. I'm guessing the seats are behind the vcu bench? Do we have enough to get a chant or 2 going like W&M did a few weeks ago?
If you are talking about the GMU game be prepared to be behind the VCU bench, but about 50 rows up near the ceiling. Only the big donors get that first allotment usually.

vcubanana said:
iracer8 said:
If you are talking about the GMU game be prepared to be behind the VCU bench, but about 50 rows up near the ceiling. Only the big donors get that first allotment usually.
You can always try to improve your seat as the game gets out of hand and disappointed GMU fans start to file out early.

Back