Green City

For the WBB game vs Delaware on 12/11 at the Henrico Sports & Event Center you can get tickets HERE, click "UNLOCK" next to discount offer and use code: HSEA23 to get tickets for $7

Perhaps it’s not. It just seem like things are a good bit behind schedule. Looking back to early in the thread, it looks like 2025 was the planned year for it to open. So, it’s at least 1 year behind if the new schedule remains intact. I guess I’m just impatient for this to get started.
Well, not to get nitpicky, but if completion was scheduled for the end of 2025 and completion ends up being early 2026, it's not really a year behind schedule. Also, any initial projection dates involving construction and government projects should always be taken with a grain of salt.

I just talked to an individual with the Henrico County goverment today, and I was told that a bid has been made for the 2028 - 2029 Atlantic-10 Men's Basketball Tournament. With a new 17,000 seat arena for basketball this could be the best attended tournament in the history of the Atlantic-10, especially if the Virginia teams are good.

I just talked to an individual with the Henrico County goverment today, and I was told that a bid has been made for the 2028 - 2029 Atlantic-10 Men's Basketball Tournament. With a new 17,000 seat arena for basketball this could be the best attended tournament in the history of the Atlantic-10, especially if the Virginia teams are good.
I am still waiting for the groundbreaking. It is wild that Dennis and the sports authority are already putting out bids.

There are some rumors circulating regarding an ice hockey facility. I don't know if it's proposed for Green City, VCC or elsewhere.

There are some rumors circulating regarding an ice hockey facility. I don't know if it's proposed for Green City, VCC or elsewhere.
This is actually planned for the development that Chesterfield County is putting in the former Spring Rock Green shopping center site. It's a mixed-use sports and entertainment facility that is expected to be able to host ice hockey. They broke ground on it back in March.

A neutral court game could possibly entice UVA and Tech a bit, but I doubt they do it. There's still not enough benefit for them.
Eh, UVA would. Tony Bennett's been open to playing us for quite a while.

Virginia Tech's athletic department are a bunch of cowards and sore losers, though, so there's no way they'll play us under any circumstances unless they're forced to.

But yet we haven't played them since Treveon Graham was on the team ... if my memory serves me.
Last time we played them was in December 2018 as the second game of a home-and-home where we went 0-2 after being competitive in both games. I think there was a third one in the works but COVID blew it up.

But yet we haven't played them since Treveon Graham was on the team ... if my memory serves me.
Since TB has been at UVA, 2009-10, he has played a state school every year except 2 and one of those was this year. That includes 2 home and home with VCU, H&H with Mason and JMU has well as hosting W&M, Longwood and JMU in a non H&H. If anyone is doing there part it’s UVA. It will be interesting to see if the ACC 20 game schedule causes them to repeat this year

Back