Green City

People in the suburbs have been using something other than a bus to get home from the bars downtown for years. I guess the shoe is now on the other foot. It's a two way street.
I personally use this, and would highly recommend it...

I guess you could go via GRTC Pulse 😁 Richmond does not have any other public transit options.
I remember there was talk a while ago about GRTC expanding the current bus service along Route 1 up to VCC but I have not heard much about that recently. I guess I was surprised that they didn’t mention transit options to the proposed arena given all the talk about sustainability in the press conference.

I remember there was talk a while ago about GRTC expanding the current bus service along Route 1 up to VCC but I have not heard much about that recently. I guess I was surprised that they didn’t mention transit options to the proposed arena given all the talk about sustainability in the press conference.
It will be discussed. This was an initial announcement. It will still go through Board of Supervisor discussions and approvals.

Considering the scope of the project, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a major public-transit component to it. Kinda wish Richmond had committed to rail, but it is what it is.
I certainly found hearing about the pros and cons of light rail vs BRT interesting. It is a shame that the Pulse never got the priority signal system working and they never did the dedicated lanes.

I was talking to one of our infrastructure guys after the presser. I recently did a story on a new roundabout project on Woodman/Greenwood Roads. They are putting in a road and bike trails that will go to Virginia Center Commons which is also being renovated for mixed use and a smaller arena (it will have a bunch of courts for tournaments. Also, graduations, etc, etc). They plan to connect all the trails and this project will come into play. They plan to use all of the streams and wetlands for walking, parks, biking, etc. The trees and streams will remain and be enjoyed again. Depending on cost I might invest in a condo in Green City.
My “love” of this post is for the streams and wetlands, not for your new condo!

I certainly found hearing about the pros and cons of light rail vs BRT interesting. It is a shame that the Pulse never got the priority signal system working and they never did the dedicated lanes.
What happened there? Did they get tired of the delay and scrap that functionality? I've always wondered.

What happened there? Did they get tired of the delay and scrap that functionality? I've always wondered.

They do have miles of dedicated lanes. BRT with all the bells and whistles does everything light rail does at a fraction of the cost.

They do have miles of dedicated lanes. BRT with all the bells and whistles does everything light rail does at a fraction of the cost.
I was referring to the sections of the Pulse route without the dedicated lanes. Definitely a noticeable difference riding experience wise when the busses lose their protected lane.

Now all they have to do is move VCU out of downtown and we'll be all set!

I maybe wrong but I thought there was a bus that went to Virginia Center Commons.

Back