Green City

Yeah, but think about. Of course you'll do whatever you have to do to attend an event you really want to attend. There are VCU hoops fans who would attend the A10 tournament if he were held in Big Stone Gap, VA. These type of event attendees aren't who some of us are talking about.

I was under Green City would be an arena for big-name concerts, monster jam/Disney on Ice events, etc….all the stuff that used to come to the coliseum that now go to Charlottesville and Hampton. We aren’t just talking about basketball. Most people don’t need to stay in the area for long for these types of things.

I went to Charlottesville for the concert, didn’t stop anywhere else, and came right back home.

I hope we don't tear down the RC! Too many memories!! Games. Concerts. Graduations. My second home after the beer garden. Got my first real kiss during a Kiss concert!!

I hope we don't tear down the RC! Too many memories!! Games. Concerts. Graduations. My second home after the beer garden. Got my first real kiss during a Kiss concert!!

If Richmond keeps electing idiots to manage the city you will get your wish. Eventually adults will show up and move the city forward.

I was under Green City would be an arena for big-name concerts, monster jam/Disney on Ice events, etc….all the stuff that used to come to the coliseum that now go to Charlottesville and Hampton. We aren’t just talking about basketball. Most people don’t need to stay in the area for long for these types of things.

I went to Charlottesville for the concert, didn’t stop anywhere else, and came right back home.
No doubt. I've done the same. But folks here were talking about it being an ideal location for tournaments. Actually, the NCAAs have been held in some strange locations so I wouldn't discount that. There's also the pipe dream of one day attracting pro sports. Not to mention large multiday religious conventions that used to come to the Coliseum.

The goal should be to accommodate/attract all types of potential events to the Richmond area.

That's what photos are for.

I don't know how many are old enough to remember that the color scheme inside used to be brown and orange. The Coliseum was a horrible facility inside and out from the day it was built.

I wonder how much money it would take to renovate and refurbish the Brown Spaceship?

That’s what we said 20 years ago.
In general, urban centers have been on the upswing the last 20+ years following what had been decades of decline. Richmond certainly improved.

I think we are going to see a period of decreased investment. Corporate America seems increasingly skeptical. Probably more likely to put their money in the ‘burbs. Vacant real estate is plentiful to.

Personally, I’d love to get a G League team and also bring minor league hockey back to the Richmond area. Part of the reason the Squirrels and Kickers draw so much attendance is that there’s little competition for sports attendance dollars. A G League team would probably do well here. Meanwhile, there’s a surprisingly robust hockey community in Richmond. I used to be part of it when I was younger and could play without hurting myself.

I do not understand why people make vertical videos like this. Turn the phone 90 degree and boom you have a wonderful FHD screen video and not something that looks like you have glaucoma. I get the convenience of using a mobile device but it has very much ruined websites and well composed video when viewed on a non-mobile device like a laptop or desktop computer.

Just look at VRN, When the left and right empty areas are combined, you have a total of 36.6% wasted space on a FHD screen 1920x1080 just so it can fit on a mobile screen. OK, time to get the grill out for Memorial Day. Have a fun one ya'll while I get off my soapbox.
AJFCJaVDRKmqK466U178lgZwmb88_2CuZjoHyP1npEW3kAKdM-dn8ot9JoF_z6tFu72Ya_Uxx0G0bdiXeTN2RDUqxfSb6yTpPl9q1nDfeEo18i1DzQWcK6v5uALlMwVqCbftklkSAr-wrZkur5Okw8S_49CI=w1900-h930-s-no

My first concert in 1976, KISS Destroyer. My parents dropped of me and 3 of my 6th grade friends and we were blown away. Happy Times!

Personally, I’d love to get a G League team and also bring minor league hockey back to the Richmond area. Part of the reason the Squirrels and Kickers draw so much attendance is that there’s little competition for sports attendance dollars. A G League team would probably do well here. Meanwhile, there’s a surprisingly robust hockey community in Richmond. I used to be part of it when I was younger and could play without hurting myself.
What were our hockey teams, Robins, Rifles, and Renegades. I’m sure there are a few I’ve missed. If Richmond politics was half as good as what’s down here in Raleigh, it would have multiple minor league sports teams. The city is run by a bunch of clown!

Different times. Your parents would be arrested for that now.
I was just thinking, I never would have let my kids go to downtown Richmond at that age unaccompanied. It’s sad but your right, if I did, they’d lock me up for child neglect.

Back