Havoc unlimited details/questions

Hey rams fans,

Does anyone know the details behind the finances of the Havoc Unlimited NIL? I'm used to donating in the low 4 digits to the Ram Athletic Fund. Obviously the RAF contains seating privileges, sometimes a birthday card (which i actually really appreciate) Commonwealth Room (not worth much) post season access etc. While it's not possible to know dollar for dollar where the money goes, i have no doubt my RAF money is used/utilized

I am debating giving some to the NIL but am intrigued to the process. Will there be transparency to how it was used, financial statements, etc. I doubt we get the exact transparency that of player x was "paid" $y etc. or we that the collective had the players pose with animals at the pound for $ y, but a lack of transparency or just knowing exactly where they money is going is a tough sell. Anyone have any thoughts or done anything with this in the past?

Logan

Last edited:
The collective is supposedly planning to have an open forum where questions like these can (hopefully) be answered.

The collective is supposedly planning to have an open forum where questions like these can (hopefully) be answered.
That would be nice. If it's going into the hands of student athletes and giving us an arm up in recruiting I'm in. If it's lots of overhead and golf outings/dinners etc. i have reservations

This season it wasn't worth anything unless you're a big fan of Chick-fil-A.
I liked the they started letting us bring a drink back to our seats 1 per half. I have 8 tickets and when we all come the is at least a 64 dollar savings per night.

Thats worth something to me. Chick-fil-a I can pay for any where.

Hey rams fans,

Does anyone know the details behind the finances of the Havoc Unlimited NIL? I'm used to donating in the low 4 digits to the Ram Athletic Fund. Obviously the RAF contains seating privileges, sometimes a birthday card (which i actually really appreciate) Commonwealth Room (not worth much) post season access etc. While it's not possible to know dollar for dollar where the money goes, i have no doubt my RAF money is used/utilized

I am debating giving some to the NIL but am intrigued to the process. Will there be transparency to how it was used, financial statements, etc. I doubt i get a use of player x got y etc. or we had the players pose with animals at the pound for y, but a lack of transparency or just knowing exactly where they money is going is a tough sell. Anyone have any thoughts or done anything with this in the past?

Logan
I'd like transparency as well before I give. I'd also like to know how one would gain admisstiom to their Board or council is will this be much like all things VCU Admin (yes I know VCU isnt managing thie but come on) a good ol boys club. I think at least a couple of people not named Natty (no knock on you but you are already an insider and have a voice) could fill those roles.

Also, I am not just suggesting people who I get along with often. There are folks with whom I disagree strongly from time to time who I think would be great an have a voice that needs to be heard.

That would be nice. If it's going into the hands of student athletes and giving us an arm up in recruiting I'm in. If it's lots of overhead and golf outings/dinners etc. i have reservations
They have said that the only overhead will be credit card fees. As Merc said they are supposed to be having a forum soon to discuss things like this. Not sure if that will be an in-person event or a zoom type thing.

I'm just passing along what has been said.
I know. They also said it will start with Men's basketball and then phase into the other sports.
It's little statements like this from people wanting my money that give me pause
I am almost certain that first statement in your OP will be adjusted to include all the out of pocket third party expenses they incur. Just for starters, there is a benefit chart with dinners, receptions and events. Those will cost money. I don't think its wrong to pay your expenses with the money you collect. It is wrong to omit it and say we are just paying credit card fees. There will be sizeable accounting reporting requirements for this, business licences, taxes, IT and such. I wouldn't be surprised or consider it unreasonable if at some point they pay themselves for their time. But "credit card fees only"?
And Rodney knows darn well that Track and Field, Lacrosse, Field Hockey... isnt going to see a dime of that money ever. There is not a multi phase process, except maybe to include some WBB or a female athlete for Title IX optics. I don't have issue with that since this is set up for MBB. The more money we garner, the higher caliber MBB athlete we will go after. There is no ceiling to that..
By no means do I think this is a scam, but people deserve answers to legit questions before they give.

I know. They also said it will start with Men's basketball and then phase into the other sports.
It's little statements like this from people wanting my money that give me pause
I am almost certain that first statement in your OP will be adjusted to include all the out of pocket third party expenses they incur. Just for starters, there is a benefit chart with dinners, receptions and events. Those will cost money. I don't think its wrong to pay your expenses with the money you collect. It is wrong to omit it and say we are just paying credit card fees. There will be sizeable accounting reporting requirements for this, business licences, taxes, IT and such. I wouldn't be surprised or consider it unreasonable if at some point they pay themselves for their time. But "credit card fees only"?
And Rodney knows darn well that Track and Field, Lacrosse, Field Hockey... isnt going to see a dime of that money ever. There is not a multi phase process, except maybe to include some WBB or a female athlete for Title IX optics. I don't have issue with that since this is set up for MBB. The more money we garner, the higher caliber MBB athlete we will go after. There is no ceiling to that..
By no means do I think this is a scam, but people deserve answers to legit questions before they give.
So this might be a dumb question but isn’t the whole NIL supposed to be payments for use of name image and likeness and not just a giant pot of money to pay players?

All it takes is about 15 millionaires to have someone hire them out for personal appearances. We could buy a very nice team!

Back