Havoc unlimited details/questions

A couple of comments here.

First, I don't think you can just give money to a player. You have to use them or their likeness and that is what you are paying for. I THINK it is still a big no-no to just give players money to play.

Second, yes there are a still a lot of questions about the collective. However, if you go to the site and look at it, you will see two payment options- one for a single deposit and one for a monthly deposit. If you are concerned, but still want to get onboard if things work out to your satisfaction, just do a monthly, and if things don't work out you can simply quit.

We decided to do both. So we split our yearly contribution in half and gave 1/2 up front (figuring they really needed the upfront start up cash) and are doing the other half monthly. The monthly helps them project how much they will have available for payments to players.

Hopefully, they will have a forum for questions to clear some of this up. But if we want our coaching staff to have ALL the tools they need for players, we need the collective.

All it takes is about 15 millionaires to have someone hire them out for personal appearances. We could buy a very nice team!

For a year or two. But if you are not successful, how long will those 15 people continue to pay?

For example, take Yuri Collins at SLU. Rumor is he got $200K from one donor to play for SLU (the same donor who donated the money to build their arena). So what did he get for his money? Player of the Year? Nope. A regular season conference championship? Nope. Tournament Championship? Nope. He got a 4th place regular season finish and a loss in the semi-finals in the tournament.

So, will he be willing to keep putting up that money each year? Well, if you have enough money to do that, maybe. But most smart money people I know want results. The results he got? Well, I would want a little better return on my investment.

A couple of comments here.

First, I don't think you can just give money to a player. You have to use them or their likeness and that is what you are paying for. I THINK it is still a big no-no to just give players money to play.

Second, yes there are a still a lot of questions about the collective. However, if you go to the site and look at it, you will see two payment options- one for a single deposit and one for a monthly deposit. If you are concerned, but still want to get onboard if things work out to your satisfaction, just do a monthly, and if things don't work out you can simply quit.

We decided to do both. So we split our yearly contribution in half and gave 1/2 up front (figuring they really needed the upfront start up cash) and are doing the other half monthly. The monthly helps them project how much they will have available for payments to players.

Hopefully, they will have a forum for questions to clear some of this up. But if we want our coaching staff to have ALL the tools they need for players, we need the collective.
I agree this is suppose to be how it works--so how does this play out?

The ALS society needs/wants a "celebrity" to endorse giving/be a face on the charity so they pair Player X with ALS society and effectively the collective is the one fronting the cash??

If Ryan Odom is going to be as bad as our last 3 coaches doing in-game radio and TV ads, how about we pay players to do these ads instead? Shaka at least SLIGHTLY tried, but Will and Mike were atrocious. Clearly reading scripts in a monotone manner.

Or use Doug Brooks for all of them. Either way let it be current or former players getting paid for these ads instead of millionaire coaches.

I guess my question is why is havoc unlimited a thing and why can’t local donor A pay the athletes themselves?
There is a place where you can buy gear or access to an athlete thru chats, video messages... You could probably work out a private deal to have him promote @Ramcounter posts on this board thru his snap or insta account.
Havov Unlimited is a thing is because the coaches want a war chest of cash that they control. And we all know how well most people behave when they are in charge of a war chest of cash.

For a year or two. But if you are not successful, how long will those 15 people continue to pay?

For example, take Yuri Collins at SLU. Rumor is he got $200K from one donor to play for SLU (the same donor who donated the money to build their arena). So what did he get for his money? Player of the Year? Nope. A regular season conference championship? Nope. Tournament Championship? Nope. He got a 4th place regular season finish and a loss in the semi-finals in the tournament.

So, will he be willing to keep putting up that money each year? Well, if you have enough money to do that, maybe. But most smart money people I know want results. The results he got? Well, I would want a little better return on my investment.

A lot of these collectives will just tell people they didn’t have enough $ to compete and how you have to donate more when things go south.

There is a place where you can buy gear or access to an athlete thru chats, video messages... You could probably work out a private deal to have him promote @Ramcounter posts on this board thru his snap or insta account.
Havov Unlimited is a thing is because the coaches want a war chest of cash that they control. And we all know how well most people behave when they are in charge of a war chest of cash.
So it is about the coach saying I can provide X amount to a potential recruit?

I guess my question is why is havoc unlimited a thing and why can’t local donor A pay the athletes themselves?
They can if they use the proper workaround. The collective is to take the small donations from individuals and combine them into a large contribution for a player. You can do a video chat with the player for $30 and while that might help them out it really won't move the needle as far as them committing here or staying here. The idea behind the collective is to take your $30 and combine it with everyone else's $30 and then you can make an offer to a player for a larger sum of money. The player should also be able to trust that the collective will come through with the payments if they promise a certain amount in exchange for committing. You might promise to buy a player's t-shirt if they stay but then you might not actually follow through with that after the commit. Or you could buy their t-shirt now and then they leave any way because they already have your money.

Has anyone who donates heard ANYTHING from the collective? I haven’t gotten anything acknowledging my donation, telling me what’s going on, etc. Just wondering. I haven’t seen anything they’re doing. Makes me a little leery.

Has anyone who donates heard ANYTHING from the collective? I haven’t gotten anything acknowledging my donation, telling me what’s going on, etc. Just wondering. I haven’t seen anything they’re doing. Makes me a little leery.

I got an email from Rodney on 4/5 thanking me for my contribution.

Did they ever post any breakdown of who gets what, and who decides? Arent they going to have a board of directors or something?

Did they ever post any breakdown of who gets what, and who decides? Arent they going to have a board of directors or something?
No deals have been announced. They do have a board and the members can be found below. It is the same names you'll see in other places where VCU basketball and money are involved.

Back