High Interest Big Men

Most recruiting sites only "repeat" what they know and do little "reporting" as it relates to investigation and research. For what it's worth, here's what the services are showing as "high" interest from non-guard 2010 recruits:

Position, Ranking, # Stars

C, 15, 4 Star
Michael Bradley 6-10/210
Visit: October 3

PF, 35, 3 Star
Melsahn Basabe 6-6/165
Not scheduled

SF, 38, 3 Star
Reco McCarte 6-6/170
Not scheduled

Ram it home said:
Cady LuLane is visiting as we speak

Sweet!!! Come on District...give us the scoop on the vist. Does he like us???? :?:

VCUBeatsduke

ramfan88 said:
Are there any recruits in the Richmond Area that we are looking at?

Grant was recruiting 2011 Jarvis Threatt, Highland Springs PG, not sure if Coach Smart will continue the pursuit. (AAU team VA Assault)

Not yet rated, recruitrecon wrote:
VA Assault (16U)

Jarvis Threatt (2011, 5-11 PG)
This thin guard displayed excellent shooting ability. He hit on at least 4 shots from behind the arc in one game. One of these shots was from beyond NBA range, just beating the halftime buzzer. At times, Jarvis brought ball up the court for his team, but struggled some when pressed or double teamed. He also turned the ball over a couple times on questionable cross court passes. Jarvis did however make a great pass from outside the arc to an open man under the hoop for an easy lay in. He was also able to to drive in and get to the hoop utilizing a crossover and a spin move. Once at the hoop, he drew a lot of contact getting to the free throw line, but was unable to convert with contact. By my count jay went 6-8 from the free throw line in the contest.

Jarvis Threatt is the younger brother of Jay Threatt, who originally signed with George Mason. That deal fell through when messy legal difficulties were tossed into the mix.

Jarvis is a smidgen taller and perhaps a more dangerous outside shooter than Jay - but it was Jay who choreographed the Highland Springs state championship run three years back at The Stu. A shining light on that HSHS squad was current Ram Brandon Rozzell.

The elder Jay Threatt Sr. is a former basketball and football star at Petersburg High and Virginia State.

Jarvis Threatt posted some impressive, long-distance shooting stats as a Springers' sophomore - including one game that featured 7 treys. I think it is interesting that his last name - "Threatt" - sounds so much alike his trademark shot - "Threes."

"Threatt for three!!!"

Still, he doesn't hold a candle, in terms of overall ability, to Benedictine guard Class of '11, Trey Davis - who, coincidentally, also has a name that sounds like his best shot.

So whatever happened to Jay Theatt? He was good enough to sign with George Mason before his legal woes sabotaged his stay there. Did he ever hook up with another school?

Mistachill said:
So whatever happened to Jay Theatt? He was good enough to sign with George Mason before his legal woes sabotaged his stay there. Did he ever hook up with another school?

Last I heard he went to Delaware St. which I believe is in the MEAC. I believe he's still there.

C, 15, 4 Star
Michael Bradley 6-10/210

PF, 35, 3 Star
Melsahn Basabe 6-6/165
Not scheduled

These are two of the guys we most want and VCU believes we have the best chance of signing them. Also Basabe is closer to 6'8 than 6'6 according to the source.

C, 15, 4 Star
Michael Bradley 6-10/210

PF, 35, 3 Star
Melsahn Basabe 6-6/165
Not scheduled

These are two of the guys we most want and VCU believes we have the best chance of signing them. Also Basabe is closer to 6'8 than 6'6 according to the source.

If we got both it would be a fantastic recruiting class. I am confused--I thought we only had one remaining 2010 scholarship to offer. Do we actually have two open to offer?

RamJamFan said:
If we got both it would be a fantastic recruiting class. I am confused--I thought we only had one remaining 2010 scholarship to offer. Do we actually have two open to offer?

We have 2 operating under the assumption that Larry is gone after this year.

FYI, don't assume that these players haven't been on campus just because the scouting services don't have it on their profile.

RamJamFan said:
Most recruiting sites only "repeat" what they know and do little "reporting" as it relates to investigation and research. For what it's worth, here's what the services are showing as "high" interest from non-guard 2010 recruits:

Position, Ranking, # Stars

C, 15, 4 Star
Michael Bradley 6-10/210

PF, 35, 3 Star
Melsahn Basabe 6-6/165
Not scheduled

SF, 38, 3 Star
Reco McCarte 6-6/170
Not scheduled

Back