Hinton's status

David Hinton was in street-clothes last night. Any idea if he's hurt..or perhaps is leaving the team? A few years ago we had a player (Sam Faulk) decide to leave mid spring semester yet he continued to sit with the guys on the bench dressed in civie's.

Any word?

4RunningRam said:
David Hinton was in street-clothes last night. Any idea if he's hurt..or perhaps is leaving the team? A few years ago we had a player (Sam Faulk) decide to leave mid spring semester yet he continued to sit with the guys on the bench dressed in civie's.

Any word?

He injured his ankle in practice before the Mason game.

He's been in street clothes on the bench for 3-4 games now. Was on crutches at Mason, so I'm gonna go with he's hurt!

Also, I'm pretty sure he slapped the backboard.

I hear the Coaches specifically told him, on more than one occasion, to sit on the bench in street clothes. ;)

In all seriousness, given the importance of the remaining games and without knowing for sure the extent of the injury, I'm guessing he is done for the year.

I don't think it was Faulk's decision to leave.

4RunningRam said:

Any word?

Mistachill said:
I don't think it was Faulk's decision to leave.

4RunningRam said:

Any word?

Nope.

I really doubt the status of a freshman walk-on who plays only when we're up by 20+ with a minute to go is seriously going to impact our rotation.

VCU MJ said:
xjohnx wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure he slapped the backboard.

No...he slapped the back board AFTER punching a baby :mrgreen:

And he did it while on crutches

Back