How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

Talk of an at large still very premature but interesting to track progress.

We have 8 losses, but 5 of them are from before 12/6. So 5 of our 8 losses are in the first month of play. 4 of those 5 were top 100 and 2 of those were top 50. We were missing two top players and the team had pretty much just started playing together and had zero chemistry and nobody knew their roles. Was Max the pg? Was Zeb a shooting guard? Guys like Kuany were entirely different players in that first month of play.

Since then we have had 3 losses. Two of them are to SBU. And the other a circus shot buzzer beater to GW. We have improved immensely even from those losses

Found myself in several Baltimore City courtrooms. I remember looking around, then realizing they filmed the Wire in a couple of them, plus "Kavanaghs" bar next to city hall, and they dressed the main courthouse up to be the Governor's mansion for Carcetti's visit.
Hahaha, I didn't expect to hear/read this reference again by you so soon. 😂

How do I feel? Not too bad. LOL
I said, after the first couple of games, Havoc has left the building. LOL
The D has definitely improved. I'm thinking Darius and Brad are have something to do with it. The team knows the crowd goes nuts with great D!!
I'm enjoying watching the improvements. It makes you know the guys are working hard at it. I love that.

On O, imho, we need a point guard. LOL I love the depth when everybody is healthy. I also like that, with the injuries, the guys have learned to play with the different lineups. That can mess up other teams. Our bench is dangerous. They are sharing the ball. And we have a few go-to guys, I'd give the last shot.

The UR game was fun. Two UR freshmen sat next to this old guy. LOL. When the three's started dropping they got quiet. LOL VCU was 0-11 until they hit one. I wonder if those kids can operate without looking at their phones every 2 minutes. 🙄 It as almost like that's how they talked during the game. LOL
I had a darn 24 hr bug and stayed home for the Dayton game. That was fun to watch on tv and hear the opinions of play.

It's been great seeing the building of the team. As a VCU fans, we've seen it a few times. We all know it takes till about now to see some results. I do believe we have pieces in place that will turn out well.

Let's Go Rams!! Finish strong, guys!! We have more games to win!!

The D has definitely improved. I'm thinking Darius and Brad are have something to do with it. The team knows the crowd goes nuts with great D!!
I'm enjoying watching the improvements. It makes you know the guys are working hard at it. I love that.

On O, imho, we need a point guard. LOL I love the depth when everybody is healthy. I also like that, with the injuries, the guys have learned to play with the different lineups. That can mess up other teams. Our bench is dangerous. They are sharing the ball. And we have a few go-to guys, I'd give the last shot.

The UR game was fun. Two UR freshmen sat next to this old guy. LOL. When the three's started dropping they got quiet. LOL VCU was 0-11 until they hit one. I wonder if those kids can operate without looking at their phones every 2 minutes. 🙄 It as almost like that's how they talked during the game. LOL
I had a darn 24 hr bug and stayed home for the Dayton game. That was fun to watch on tv and hear the opinions of play.

It's been great seeing the building of the team. As a VCU fans, we've seen it a few times. We all know it takes till about now to see some results. I do believe we have pieces in place that will turn out well.

In addition to a PG, we don't really have a big that's much of an offensive threat. Both Fermin and Lawal are playing great defensively, but they're spotty at best when it comes to offense so far. No judgement there, they're both young and I think will get there.

I’m feeling good. We’re playing great defense, rebounding and winning. I was afraid the first of those wasn’t possible.

We should finish top 4 and have a reasonable chance at winning the A10 tournament.

Roster movement this off-season will be important to get right. We need to upgrade at either the 4 or 5 spot, if not both. If not an upgrade at both positions, then at least better quality depth.

Also, regardless of what Max does, we need a 2/3 shooter who can also drive and score.

How do I feel? I'm at a loss of youtubevideos.. 👺

--------------
GO RAMS!
Beat Billikens!!

I was elated before season based on what our new staff had assembled. I continue to be impressed with this team’s potential and the success our first year team can still realize. Have we ever had a better first year coaching staff and team with so many new players?

I was elated before season based on what our new staff had assembled. I continue to be impressed with this team’s potential and the success our first year team can still realize. Have we ever had a better first year coaching staff and team with so many new players?
Not that I can think of. We beat Duke in the NCAA tourney in Anthony Grant’s first year. However, he inherited that team and didn’t have to rebuild the roster when he got to VCU, like Odom did. What Ryan Odom and staff have accomplished so far is very impressive.

One key ingredient that I think would take us to the next level is having toughness at the rim and being able to finish through contact. I don't look at advanced stats or anything but my own eye test says that we stink at drawing fouls. With the exception of Belle, who has not found his touch at the rim, our guards frequently get stopped on drives, or stop themselves to try and finesse their way around the defender and put up a circus shot or stop and pull up for a floater.

I miss the days of the football carry drive to the rack ala Theus and Treveon.

Please tell us more about the UR freshman, and hopefully their salty tears as the game progressed.

Tell it slooooowly, and don't leave any juicy bits out.... Feel free to make up a few.. they probably won't be too far from reality anyway.

One key ingredient that I think would take us to the next level is having toughness at the rim and being able to finish through contact. I don't look at advanced stats or anything but my own eye test says that we stink at drawing fouls. With the exception of Belle, who has not found his touch at the rim, our guards frequently get stopped on drives, or stop themselves to try and finesse their way around the defender and put up a circus shot or stop and pull up for a floater.

I miss the days of the football carry drive to the rack ala Theus and Treveon.
So…I had to go look at the advanced metrics. First, I would not say we stink. We are in the top third as far as FT attempts go. The metrics do support your assessment of Belle which I figured would be the case. The metrics also support that any guard not named Max needs to be more aggressive. Max is getting to the free throw line on almost half his FG attempts. For the wings, 2K is getting there on a third of his attempts. Like the guards, Sean needs to be more aggressive. If he would stop fading away in the lane, he could get to the line more. The real opportunity for points are Tobi and Ferm. Tobi just needs to continue to raise his FT percentage. He is getting to the line on 50% of his FG attempts. Ferm is a really good FT shooter and is getting to the line on an incredible 64% of his attempts. As we don’t run plays for them, Ferm needs to be more aggressive on the boards and get more put back point and thus more FT attempts

Back