How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

I'd still advise everyone to temper expectations for the coming year but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like we got the better end of the deal here
Having watched way too many Utah state games last year I am really excited. If he can bring that same offense it will be a blast to watch. They were just so efficient on offense.

What gets me so hyped on this roster is the wealth of talent that has come in over such a short period of time under difficult circumstances that the team faced due to MR defection to State Penn. Odom has worked magic in bringing in the talent from a multitude of sources from one corner of the world to another plus the infusion of 804 local talent. Hope the players mesh and play as a team. Will make for an interesting season.

Having watched way too many Utah state games last year I am really excited. If he can bring that same offense it will be a blast to watch. They were just so efficient on offense.
It's probably more likely we're closer to Odom's first year at USU two seasons ago (good quantitatively but not quite a cohesive whole) than to his last year there. We'll get there, though. The question is when.

The trip to Greece should provide us with a lot of answers.
Yes and...let's see. Here's a look at our trip to Spain in August of 2016. JeQuan was coming off a knee injury. He probably could've played, but they erred on the side of caution. Mo was healthy, but his workload was restricted. Hamdy spent the whole trip going HAM on guys playing semipro on their lunch break and driving a moving truck on the weekends. Like most early action/exhibition, etc. playing time and roles could look very different depending on priorities at the time. It's another set of information, but it's not ALL the information. Just keep that in mind.

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 4.16.23 PM.png

Yes and...let's see. Here's a look at our trip to Spain in August of 2016. JeQuan was coming off a knee injury. He probably could've played, but they erred on the side of caution. Mo was healthy, but his workload was restricted. Hamdy spent the whole trip going HAM on guys playing semipro on their lunch break and driving a moving truck on the weekends. Like most early action/exhibition, etc. playing time and roles could look very different depending on priorities at the time. It's another set of information, but it's not ALL the information. Just keep that in mind.

View attachment 13631
Those trips are about extra practices and chemistry.

Xerxes said the very same thing...
xerxes-and-leonidas.jpg

It's probably more likely we're closer to Odom's first year at USU two seasons ago (good quantitatively but not quite a cohesive whole) than to his last year there. We'll get there, though. The question is when.
I can see that but I am loving the signings and the foundation being set going forward. Shoot, his first year at Utah state they were Kenpom #60 with some very good wins. Ironically VCU last year was also ranked Kenpom #60.

Back