Jacob "The Wunderkinder" Patrick

People blew up last season because our staff did a poopty job the first half of their sixth year.
People gave him a pass his 1st year ending with an 18-15 record. His 2nd was fun but ended badly and then he lost lots of people in his 3rd year going 18-13 with a losing A10 record. The 4th was abbreviated in more ways than one. 19 wins and a forfeit in the NCAAs. The 5th was nothing to write home about with a NIT spanking at Wake. He was saved in his 6th by a big February run. Overall it was a successful 6 years but he was never embraced. He knew that and took the $.

Revisionist history maybe. but I thought we did well against Davidson ignoring that stunt.

Bernard Harris hit .770 for career but was 84 percent as junior and senior - not bad for a 6-10 man. Supernard's shooting touch was soft as kitten fur. Had he come along today, he'd be the ideal stretch forward. From Roanoke area, he has spent much of his adult life in Finland, where he is a legend.
Harris had good hands and could handle the ball. Watched him come up court on fast brakes and he was a very effective ball handler. And yes he had an effective soft shot from distance

Revisionist history maybe. but I thought we did well against Davidson ignoring that stunt.
I wouldn't exactly say that.

VCU FT% in road games at Davidson:

2023: 68.8% (11-16) (won) - 69.6% on season
2022: 50.0% (9-18) (won) - 70.4% on season
2021: 75.0% (15-20) (lost) - the swim team wasn't there due to COVID-19 restrictions
2020: 72.7% (8-11) (lost) - 69.6% on season
2019: 75.0% (15-20) (lost) - 70.1% on season

2018: no road game
2017: 77.8% (14-18) (lost) - 70.5% on season
2016: 63.2% (12-19) (won) - 69.2% on season
2015: 50.0% (12-24) (lost by 27) - 65.7% on season

Out of 7 road games we've played at Davidson (not including 2021 because the swim team wasn't there), we only had a better-than-average free throw shooting percentage in three of them.

There's missed FT's and crucial FT's, I think missing FT's is not big deal in itself. But thanks for doing the stats.

That makes no sense. If someone misses a free throw at the beginning of a game it has the same effect as a miss later.

They are not all equal... except for statistical analysis.

A missed front end of a 1 & 1 is worse (normally late in half). It's equivalent to missing two.

If you miss one, IMHO, it is better to be the second shot, since you have a slight chance of rebounding it, but 0% chance of rebounding the first missed shot (when shooting 2).

They are not all equal... except for statistical analysis.

A missed front end of a 1 & 1 is worse (normally late in half). It's equivalent to missing two.

If you miss one, IMHO, it is better to be the second shot, since you have a slight chance of rebounding it, but 0% chance of rebounding the first missed shot (when shooting 2).
Look at you getting all technical. Yes, when you put it that way Bang is correct. I meant it in a more one miss or one make kind of way.

Back