Jay Bilas: Sanders 3rd most impressive at Lebron Camp

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/insider/ ... id=4326983

3. Larry Sanders, VCU: Just a rising junior, Sanders is a great kid who is getting better and better. He plays hard, wants to learn and has a lot of ability. Sanders affects the game -- he blocks shots, grabs rebounds and finishes plays. He can hit a face-up jumper and is working to improve that skill. He is a keeper.

Just noticed that Bilas also thought Sanders was the second hardest worker out there.

xjohnx said:
Just noticed that Bilas also thought Sanders was the second hardest worker out there.

and I just noticed that despite his love for Larry, Jay Bilas is sill an meanie

Ram it home said:
xjohnx said:

and I just noticed that despite his love for Larry, Jay Bilas is sill an meanie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thats whats up...i know it kills Bilas to give any mid-major respect.

if its not too much trouble, could you just count off who the other 4 are please

1 - Jordan Crawford - Xavier
2 - Iman Shumpert - Georgia Tech
3 - Larry Sanders - VCU
4 - Willie Warren - Oklahoma
5 - Manny Harris - Michigan

honestly I am completely surprised that Jay Bilas would give us any love. He has always (as a commentator) talked bad about us. This is prally cause he is a dookie and obvious eric took took care of duke. I'm glad to see he is giving Larry some love.

ESPN and the rest of the Col. B Ball World better start getting use to mentioning VCU with the big boys. I honestly don't see VCU slipping. 2 years from now might be tough, but Smart, if he stays will build a solid team. I am sure of it. So far Smart has done nothing but impress me. Recruiting and being a tremendous ambassador for VCU.

By the way, atleast Bilas mentions VCU. That old fart Vitale can't mention a darn thing. That old hen needs to go away. I do like Bob Knight as a commentator, he calls games like hes coaching. Vitale will spend 20 minutes chatting about a ladies bridge club in Sarasota. Go away Vitale!!! Watch, he won't mention Larry or coach this year. F Him!

Bilas isn't as bad as most of you would like to think...he tells the truth or, at least, his opinion of it and while that often doesn't favor the little guy, I can respect that. He has logical reasoning/facts behind most of his opinions and observations. You have to earn his respect...Larry, has obviously done that....enough said.

JacksonWard31 said:
ESPN and the rest of the Col. B Ball World better start getting use to mentioning VCU with the big boys. I honestly don't see VCU slipping. 2 years from now might be tough, but Smart, if he stays will build a solid team. I am sure of it. So far Smart has done nothing but impress me. Recruiting and being a tremendous ambassador for VCU.

By the way, atleast Bilas mentions VCU. That old fart Vitale can't mention a darn thing. That old hen needs to go away. I do like Bob Knight as a commentator, he calls games like hes coaching. Vitale will spend 20 minutes chatting about a ladies bridge club in Sarasota. Go away Vitale!!! Watch, he won't mention Larry or coach this year. F Him!

Vitale has given VCU our fair share of mentions over the past couple of years. He has us in his top 25 in 2007

JacksonWard31 said:
I do like Bob Knight as a commentator, he calls games like hes coaching.

really? Bob Knight throws chairs and smacks other commentators in the face? :lol:

Back