Players Jayden Nunn Transfers to Baylor

Goal post has not moved. Other than rumors, there is no actually knowledge that they have actually committed. As a scientist, I deal in facts, not rumors.

Nonetheless, the my comment still stands on its own merits and main point.
Merit: Two former players have officially signed with PSU. Zero former USU have officially signed with VCU except on the rumor mill.
Point: So again, does that not also speak volumes regarding our coach?

Still awaiting a dragoon response.
Yet when facts were presented about MR you were OK dealing with excuses...I mean..."reasons."

But it's OK. If I ever rob a bank and need a ride or die partner who I know will be loyal, you're the guy! :D

Goal post has not moved. Other than rumors, there is no actually knowledge that they have actually committed. As a scientist, I deal in facts, not rumors.

Nonetheless, the my comment still stands on its own merits and main point.
Merit: Two former players have officially signed with PSU. Zero former USU have officially signed with VCU except on the rumor mill.
Point: So again, does that not also speak volumes regarding our coach?

Still awaiting a dragoon response.
your point is factual but .......

Mike has so many open spots and starting position available - the VCU transfers are pretty assured of starting so I doubt MR will recruit over top of them

Odom inherited a situation like MR with all starting spots in play.

USU players I am guessing are waiting to see who else is going to commit - neither Bairstow nor Shulga I think are looking to transfer if they are going to come off the bench - I think Odom will get the best possible players he can and not guarantee spots or minutes - quite a delicate balance for Odom to land the plane so to speak

but I could be wrong but don't really think it says anything about either coach

Yet when facts were presented about MR you were OK dealing with excuses...I mean..."reasons."

But it's OK. If I ever rob a bank and need a ride or die partner who I know will be loyal, you're the guy! :D
I dealt in facts also. Yours were skewed.
Regardless, we will likely never come to an agreement with each other on this topic so keep on doing what you have to if you think its worth you time to do so.

but I could be wrong but don't really think it says anything about either coach
Exactly.
Two coaches working to rebuild in two different conference reaching out to recruit players to play two different schemes. MR got some of his former players and Odom likely will two......also one is trying to recruit former players from out west...and OZ and MR is recruiting former players from VA to PA. One can look at it whatever way they want but in the end it is meaningless.
But my point from the first initial response was that you have to look at both coaches if you are going to target one coach while the other is in the same situation.....getting known quantities/former players to commit to the program.

Exactly.
Two coaches working to rebuild in two different conference reaching out to recruit players to play two different schemes. MR got some of his former players and Odom likely will two......also one is trying to recruit former players from out west...and OZ and MR is recruiting former players from VA to PA. One can look at it whatever way they want but in the end it is meaningless.
But my point from the first initial response was that you have to look at both coaches if you are going to target one coach while the other is in the same situation.....getting known quantities/former players to commit to the program.
I think the difference that was pointed out at the beginning had nothing to do with Rhoades or Odom signing their old players. The point was that Nunn (apparently) talked positively about Odom and didn’t mention Rhoades. That may have been the writer’s decision, but I can’t imagine he’d omit comments about Rhoades and include comments about Odom. If a USU player transferred to Baylor and talked positively about USU’s new coach and didn’t mention Odom, then that would be concerning to me.

Nunn didn’t consider going to PSU and didn’t mention Rhoades in an interview. That backs up my opinion of Rhoades.

Last edited:
I dealt in facts also. Yours were skewed.
Regardless, we will likely never come to an agreement with each other on this topic so keep on doing what you have to if you think its worth you time to do so.
Of course, pro MR accurate facts. Con towards MR skewed facts. Got it.

He didn't smile because he's one bad mofo, Doc!

Have to admit I didn't notice that. Watkins was usually pretty stoic in my opinion. Smiling or not, I expect they'll both do well with their new teams.
I think they will as well. Nunn didnt smile much but he is from Detroit. Watkins, smiled some but on the court he wanted to be a killer. Heck even the suburbs in Detroit are tough.

If that is the case that speaks volumes that he didn't consider following his former coach. I won't assume as to why he didn't consider. PSU.
I think we are reading our feelings towards Mike and thinking Aha the players feel the same so yes Mike is a creep.

That is usually not the case. Some guys love even a bad HC others cant stand the ground they walk on. For example, I think Mike Polio and his staff to include Eddie Webb were some pretty crappy human beings base on how they treated the players. I know a lot of former players who feel the same.

However, certain prominent players of Polios era , and couple of others really liked the guy and maintained contact through the years.

Nunn may not have liked Mike or he may have been indifferent. Same with Watkins. However, my gut tells me that neither had the desire to play in Ace's shadow any longer. And that was likely the driver more so than a true dislike of Mike. Although have been a combo of the both.

What we do know is Kern and Ace still trust the guy, as does Brandon Rozzell.

Some on the board stated there is more to the story. I dont know that more. However, I got no time to wish Mike or those guys any ill will. I am keeping my energy focused on VCU and our guys. I'll follow the others but hey in the event they win, lose, or draw I wont lose sleep. I do wish them well as long as they dont trash talk my University.

6-7 years ago a former colleague stabbed me in the back and cost me a few 100 thousand dollars of yearly revenue. Same butt whole spread false hoods about me to potential clients. I got over it, didnt and havent bad mouthed him publicly. I shook it off and focused on me. I am thriving now. Still dont like him.

As to him, I was told the jerk got fired recently and is having atough time finding a job. This is the 2nd time I've seen this has happened to me. However, , I had the pleasure of watching a former GC who denied me a contract, because in his words "I was too nice to enforce policy and procedures", walked out of his building with his belongings in a box while I was at my desk in that same building working on a different contract a year later. (there was a merger and the new group contracted with me and put me in the same position I had been denied. Guess I wasnt too nice after all)

Did I smile when those things happened heck yeah. Sure did. Did I go out of my way worrying about those two worthless POS before they met their fates. Nope.

My point is if Mike is who some think he is, his day will come. Why waste energy on someone who could care less about you and this program? Work on you/VCU and just wait and see.

We need your energy and all of your support! Go Rams!

Last edited:
Back