Players Jayden Nunn Transfers to Baylor

Question: is this strictly an NIL motivated transfer? To me, with Ace gone Nunn would've had every opportunity to have the keys to our back court. Instead, a 9 ppg scorer in the A-10 is transferring to a Big 12 school in hopes of having a bigger impact?

Question: is this strictly an NIL motivated transfer? To me, with Ace gone Nunn would've had every opportunity to have the keys to our back court. Instead, a 9 ppg scorer in the A-10 is transferring to a Big 12 school in hopes of having a bigger impact?
I don't have any knowledge on JNunn decision but I don't think his move was NIL driven. He was a Big12 commit out of High School(Iowa St). The had a coaching change and probably could have kept him if they only had rerecruited him. So I think the combination of a chance to get in the Big12 and have a chance to stick it to them bolstered by a little ego push of watching the other former starters move to a P5 program pushed his decision

***Pure speculation on my part***

An article on ESPN said he picked Baylor because of how they develop guards to get to the NBA. Doesn't mention NIL but I figure we'll see that amount later this year.

Got it, so it sounds like he's looking at this as a path to get to the league.
Playing in the shadow of a very dominant lead guard possibly didn't allow his star shine to its fullest potential. But that Alpha moved on and there was a great opportunity right here to show off NBA skillz with a coach that runs an NBA style offense.

But the young man is doing what he thinks is best for his future and that's exactly what he should do. Best of luck. Hope you do great and it all works out. However, I won't be rooting for the Bears as Im a VCU only fan. (Not OnlyFans)

Go Rams!!

And one OBTW - if a player (not necessarily Jayden) doesn't believe he can beat out the position players that VCU has on its current roster, what makes that same person believe he can beat out the ones shooting for that same spot at a high level P6 school? The only way to get the minutes it takes to attract the NBA is to be the starter on your team at that position. Asking for a friend.

And he had the ball plenty when Ace was hurt all those times. Maybe he'll surprise me but I don't think he's Big 12 star material.

And he had the ball plenty when Ace was hurt all those times. Maybe he'll surprise me but I don't think he's Big 12 star material.
I didn't watch him play thinking he could thrive at the next level. But what do I know? I'm not privy to seeing him in practice and I don't know about any talents other than what I've seen in his games here.

Based on past experience, these type of moves have had mixed results. Samir Doughty stepped up in weight class leaving here for Auburn and thrived, but it didn't get him in the league. Hamdy transferred to TCU and pretty much put up the exact same numbers he had here and couldn't crack the starting lineup. Santos-Silva and Ward's careers went downward after leaving here for P6 schools.

We'll see how the VCU wannabe Fab Five (Ace, Deloach, Watkins, Nunn and Kern) performs at the P6 level and if any of them other than Ace gets a shot to get to the league that wouldn't have happened here. Good luck and best wishes to them.

It was interesting that J Nunn talked about what Coach Odom is going to do at VCU. Unless I missed it he said nothing about PSU?
There probably was no reason for him to discuss PSU. He may have never considered going there.

There probably was no reason for him to discuss PSU. He may have never considered going there.
If that is the case that speaks volumes that he didn't consider following his former coach. I won't assume as to why he didn't consider. PSU.

Back