Joey - J-Rod

Joey

Hope you read this or someone else does and let's you know about it.

Try Arnica Gel on your shoulder and Arnice Montana homeopathis pellets for under your tongue. Available over the counter at Whole Foods or natural health stores, When Doles had a bad back that was taking a while to heal, I told him to try it and he did and he and his father both thanked me.

Hope it helps heal you. Pm me if you want more info.

darn are we coming to Ramnation for medical consults now? Lol

But seriously, I am beginning to worry about joey's shoulder! Saturday was the first time I really saw it effect his game. You could tell it was bothering before, but Saturday it really hurt his play!

So the question for me is . . .

Should Shaka consider resting Joey vs JMU?

As it almost looks a lock that we will need 4 games in 4 days, and to do that I think we need a healthy Joey. Darius is stepping up nice, but we need a healthy, or as healthy as possible Joey to do it!

ramband said:

But seriously, I am beginning to worry about joey's shoulder! Saturday was the first time I really saw it effect his game. You could tell it was bothering before, but Saturday it really hurt his play!

As it almost looks a lock that we will need 4 games in 4 days, and to do that I think we need a healthy Joey. Darius is stepping up nice, but we need a healthy, or as healthy as possible Joey to do it!

I think that's a fair question...re: resting Joey, that RamBand makes.
It's hard to imagine a guy trying to play (hopefully) 4 games in 4 nights without any opportunity to recover. That said, if anyone can..it'd be this guy. He's as tough as anyone on the team.

Joey is as tough as nails - - you have to be to have as many people questioning your play as this guy does, and to be at a disadvantage in terms of size and still go out there and bring it every night in a tough conference. Not to even mention that he's playing hurt. I dunno how this guy can't be one of the all-time favorite Rams when it's all said and done.

ramband said:

The way Theus is playing I wouldn't be against this( not that my opinion matters lol).

because our posters know more than the paid training staff :roll:

maybe he should start worshiping Scientology to help his shoulder heal

Ram it home said:
because our posters know more than the paid training staff :roll:

maybe he should start worshiping Scientology to help his shoulder heal

I forgot how the guy can't offer a suggestion :shock:

Fortunately Todd Craft is darn good at his job guys, and was around back when Mike Doles was using Ramathon's Miracle Cream.

As long as our guys don't start going to Ramathon's Short Pump Emporium to pick up their flax seed oil, we're ok :)

As well as he's playing two things worry me about Theus playing major minutes right now:

1) He's already a great on the ball defender, but I noticed that he never fights through picks and it constantly results in a defensive switch and usually a mismatch.

2) He's doesn't seem to try to set his teammates up for easy shots. Haven't seen much playmaking ability from him thus far.

However, gotta keep in mind that he's a freshman.

ramband said:

I think Coach will try and get past JMU and ODU with as little Joey as possible. Theus has played good, but we've also had Joey right there beside him. I'd love to see us get up BIG on JMU and see Grayson get some real minutes. Love his quickness, and I'm interested to see how good he can be once he can break through the "nerves" of being a freshman who only gets in a minute or two in games.

Would love to see Grayson get some minutes and give Joey a break to heal if we can get away with it.
Grayson impressed me with his ability to get quick dribble penetration then looking to kick out to the open shooters. The other thing I love about that kid is his team enthusiasm. He's always the first one to jump off the bench with the high fives, etc. Seems like he loves being a Ram and is patiently and enthusiastically awaiting his natural progression towards more minutes.

Yea...More Grayson now will pay off down the road. I really have no idea how he is as a player since he's played scant minutes.....but, as Charlie Parker wrote...Now's the Time

ndnballer09 said:
FWIW, Joey is not practicing today..

Wonder if he will be like our Brian Westbrook

never practice but show up on game day and dominate

According to the RTD game article on Sunday he aggravated his shoulder injury on Friday in practice. It seemed to affect him more on Saturday then it has since the ODU game. Hopefully if he takes it easy in practice for a couple of days he will be ready to go on Wednesday and Saturday even if his mins are limited.

Back