Juvonte Reddic a Ram?

let's see in Jan the posters wanted him, fill the shot blocking void etc...signs with VCU and UMd fans act like they never heard of him nor would they ever consider offering him...typical....
Welcome Juvonte you have joined an awesome incoming class

fixed on the name spelling thingy :oops:

Let's get his name right! Juvonte Reddic? Welcome to RamNation young man. You will win and suceed! :D

--------------------
Go RAMS!
Beat Cougars!!

JacksonWard31 said:
I think Shaka is building something special at VCU. Just gotta clamp down harder on 'D' and we should be okay in next couple of years. Big guy recruits always get me excited. By the way, Theus is a flat out star in the making. Watch his Jr and Sr years. Oh My!

Welcome back JacksonWard31. We missed you there for a while :D. True Rams fans never die.

Re: Jevonte Reddic a Ram?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/955761.html

He visited this weekend with his high school coach. “It really went well and he committed to VCU,” QEA coach Isaac Pitts told Scout.com. “He really liked it. Coach Wade did a really good job of recruiting the kid. Shaka came in and did an in-home with his aunt and uncle and they were really impressed with the things he talked to Juvonte about.”

Coach Wade strikes again!

OK Ramification, what's the scoop on Juvonte? He's from your neck of the woods.

Hey Jackson. A message from Pete!

Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

-------------------
GO RAMS!
Beat Cougars!!

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-01 ... -mckinney/

Reddic has athleticism to match his size, and though he’s listed at 210 pounds I find it hard to believe he isn’t at least 220 right now from the solid body he exhibits. He’s far from skinny and with about six months of serious weight training he will be the highest mix of strength and athleticism on whatever college roster he eventually finds himself on. Reddic dunks anything close to the rim offensively and rejects close to everything defensively. He runs the court with ease and has a serious demeanor that lets you know he’s all business.

He was also completely candid when asked about his offers up to this point. “VCU, Georgetown, James Madison and Oral Roberts,” said Reddic. Props to JT3 for being the only high-major with apparently enough sense to offer this kid so far. Reddic is a player who runs the floor and seems most comfortable from 15 feet and in. He hit a mid-range jumper and looked smooth doing it. He also got pissed when his shot was blocked, retreived the ball and banged violently on the poor guy who blocked it from Our Savior New American school.

Hard to say since I bet none of us have seen Reddic play. Apparently he's listed as being taller but even that's suspect until you actually see him live.

mike7842 said:
Is there much difference between Reddic and Santill?

I think there is some experience/college factor to consider. I like T-Saint. I hope he prospers on the court this year and next year.

You put a lot of stock in the star ratings don't you?

FYI, Eric Davis was a 4 star coming out of high school. In fact, so was Skeen.

BradRamFan said:
In the latter part of the season I remember a game where Santil came in for a few plays and was then taken out...he said something to the coach and he didn't look very happy about having to sit.

I hope all this works out. But I will say that I feel like I'm reading the ODU board right now. I've never heard so much hullabaloo about two star recruits before....our last two recruits, as well as our Juco 11 ppg player.

I did say:

"I hope all this works out."

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Skeen will be the most dominate player vcu has ever seen....a guy who will crush every CAA player into a lowly piece of rubble....a person who will tear through the CAA like he was Godzilla walking through a balsa wood city.

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Gavin would just dominate all guards in the CAA, dropping basket after basket making his opponents jaw drop in misery.

If our recruits come in and show me I am wrong...so be it. I'll be glad to walk up to them and tell them I was so very wrong about their abilities and what they have done for us. But I'm not going to get all slobbery and alter praying about 2 star recruits who haven't played a game of college ball.

Mistachill said:

BradRamFan said:
In the latter part of the season I remember a game where Santil came in for a few plays and was then taken out...he said something to the coach and he didn't look very happy about having to sit.

I hope all this works out. But I will say that I feel like I'm reading the ODU board right now. I've never heard so much hullabaloo about two star recruits before....our last two recruits, as well as our Juco 11 ppg player.

I agree with your basic point (though I do think you're exaggerating for affect). You never really know what you've got until they get here (one star or four star). And then often you have to wait 4 years to properly evaluate them.

But you gotta admit its nice to hear outsiders say good things about incoming players.

BradRamFan said:
I did say:

"I hope all this works out."

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Skeen will be the most dominate player vcu has ever seen....a guy who will crush every CAA player into a lowly piece of rubble....a person who will tear through the CAA like he was Godzilla walking through a balsa wood city.

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Gavin would just dominate all guards in the CAA, dropping basket after basket making his opponents jaw drop in misery.

If our recruits come in and show me I am wrong...so be it. I'll be glad to walk up to them and tell them I was so very wrong about their abilities and what they have done for us. But I'm not going to get all slobbery and alter praying about 2 star recruits who haven't played a game of college ball.

Mistachill said:

BradRamFan said:

Back