Keep your seats but pay 4 times the donation?!?

Riggo82

Insider
I went in to renew my season tickets and to maintain the same seats my required donation, according to the ticket portal, has gone from $2,500 to $10,000. No communication from VCU on this. All I have seen is now we won’t be reseating this year because of all the change. I have had season tickets for 10 years and no communication from the athletic department about quadrupling my donation requirement? This is not how you treat loyal fans who save and budget every year to support the program. I just got off the phone with Matt in the ticket office. He was very polite and understanding but he confirmed the increase and said they’ve decided to enforce the new seating plan. He did not know why there was no communication with anyone about it. I told him to be ready for a lot of pissed off people. If they had communicated about it I probably would have considered moving to a lower donor level but this has been handled so poorly I have no interest in making any donation. The first time in 10 years I have not.

This whole thing is weird. During the last reseating, I got 2 seats in what is now the 10K zone. I've maintained my donation level from the time of the reseating (which is not 10K). I clicked through the renewal process (I'm still on the fence, probably won't decide until June 1st to be honest), and it's not requiring me to donate more than I normally do as far as I can tell. Why is it happening to some but not all?

This whole thing is weird. During the last reseating, I got 2 seats in what is now the 10K zone. I've maintained my donation level from the time of the reseating (which is not 10K). I clicked through the renewal process (I'm still on the fence, probably won't decide until June 1st to be honest), and it's not requiring me to donate more than I normally do as far as I can tell. Why is it happening to some but not all?
Yeah, I feel like I may have slipped in under the radar as well, but I think my donation matches the level I am in.

I really won't know until i wind up with tickets behind the Peppas I guess.

Back