Kirill has a new hobby......

walking around campus I see many basketball players and Kirill had me laughing today when we was working with the grounds crew blowing leaf debris and pruning hedges by the library (I would assume he was just messing around since they were all laughing about it). I had no camera on me at the time to get evidence but I am sure you can all imagine what this looked like.

Im glad someone else has seen this. I saw him emptying trash cans about 3 weeks ago. I thought maybe it was somekind of punishment, but maybe he just likes helping out. :D

Isn't he allowed to have some kind of job as long as he only makes a certain amount of $ and it is done properly? I am not all that up on what student athletes can and cannot do (aside from the obvious stuff).

When i played sports in college i was allowed to work a work study job to get money . Work study should be leagal if that is what he is doing.

some of the BB divas need to good honest work ethic.

I think this is the difference between foreign students and US students.

How many would empty trash cans or do landscaping for some cash?

Gotta have some cash man - - banana hammock swimsuits for the summer and big red Russia jackets for the winter. That stuff doesn't come cheap! Also, if you can get a picture of him actually using a hammer that would be glorious!

Rambunctious said:
Gotta have some cash man - - banana hammock swimsuits for the summer and big red Russia jackets for the winter. That stuff doesn't come cheap! Also, if you can get a picture of him actually using a hammer that would be glorious!

haha this is the best thing I've ever seen you post

I can tell you KP has a legit work study job with the Grounds department. He started a couple of weeks ago. I give it up to him for working, but it is a trip seeing him stroll around Monroe Park with a broom and dustpan.

He can work up to 20 hours a week on the campus as stipulated by his student visa. Actually a couple of other guys do part-time work around campus during the summer months as well.

districtballer said:
He can work up to 20 hours a week on the campus as stipulated by his student visa. Actually a couple of other guys do part-time work around campus during the summer months as well.

Any chance Shaka will pull a Capel and have the guys help with freshman move in day? Was a nice gesture by the team, and really helped spread the word about the program to incoming freshmen.

xjohnx said:
districtballer said:

Any chance Shaka will pull a Capel and have the guys help with freshman move in day? Was a nice gesture by the team, and really helped spread the word about the program to incoming freshmen.

New Freshman 1- Dude That Larry Sanders guy from the b ball team just took my TV to my dorm room

New freshman 2- Thats awesome. So who is the guy?

New freshman 1- Not sure but he has a great dunk.

New freshman 2- Sweet, so do you wanta go watch some TV?

New freshman 1- Actually I need to get another one.

I saw Kirill this morning at 7:30 blowing leaves. Gotta love that hard work!

I know how you old codgers enjoy bashing the youngsters for their work ethic, or lack thereof, and refer to them as "divas", but let me tell you how they spent Wednesday afternoon. Coach Smart and the team were at the VCU Medical Center to spend time with the sick and broken children who currently inhabit the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

No fanfare, no publicity, just the guys spending their afternoon to lift the spirits of the patients and the staff. I know they lifted mine. These guys are naturals with these little ones and the kids respond to them well.

So jest about them if you must, but the reality is a somewhat different story.

Back