Latest on Larry from Chad Ford of ESPN

Might as well keep him at the top of the key because whenever he gets the ball near the basket he winds up out near the key before he shoots it!

JDI said:
Might as well keep him at the top of the key because whenever he gets the ball near the basket he winds up out near the key before he shoots it!

Then he'll just end up at half court...

please....Larry used on the defensive perimeter? Most college teams play man to man....the offensive team uses their post player to START the offense at the topof the key....defender then jumos the guard to help defend against the drive witht eh intent of driving the player benefitting from the pick back towards the mid court stripe. 4running you know better than that...watch the entire offensive possession....c'mon your agenda against Shaka leaks into most everyting you post...grant is gone sorry...shaka is young but he is going to be successful...sorry about that too

VCU MJ said:
jflip said:
Not to be a downer guys, but Larry has Hasheem Thabeet (left after Junior year to go to the NBA, #3 pick) written all over him.

I'm sorry but this statement is just wrong. Completely.

How? What Larry and Thabeet have done (stats wise) through their junior season of college are quite parallel with the obvious difference in their respective conferences. I'm just saying if Larry were to go to the NBA at this point, I'm inferring that he would hardly be producing more than Thabeet.

edit: Oops, I meant #2 pick.

What in Michael Jordan's college stats told you he was going to win so many NBA championships, MVP awards and scoring titles?

Are you the former GM of the Portland Trailblazers?

VRam said:
What in Michael Jordan's college stats told you he was going to win so many NBA championships, MVP awards and scoring titles?

Are you the former GM of the Portland Trailblazers?

:lol:

:roll:

Oh heck, now we're comparing Larry with Michael Jordan-Larry could carry his jock on a good day back to the hotel.

No, we're demonstrating that college stats don't mean sh!t. If they did, why bother traveling around looking at players in person, having camps, testing and measuring them, flying them in for individual workouts, interviews, etc.?

Thabeet and Sanders are darn near identical in terms of their college play...style, athleticism, development opportunities. If anything Thabeet was better when he was drafted than Sanders is now. Larry could very easily end up in the D league if it happened to Thabeet. Still, it's 7 figures. My advice to him would be to go. VCU needs to move on from all the drama and speculation and get back to team basketball.

jflip said:
VCU MJ said:
jflip said:
Not to be a downer guys, but Larry has Hasheem Thabeet (left after Junior year to go to the NBA, #3 pick) written all over him.

I'm sorry but this statement is just wrong. Completely.

I'm just saying if Larry were to go to the NBA at this point, I'm inferring that he would hardly be producing more than Thabeet.

I hear you, but that doesn't mean that you can compare thier game. Larry and Thabeet are totally different types of players. Thabeet is a true Center, while Larry will be a forward. Larry can run the floor and is more athletic. Thabeet is bigger, stronger, and much less mobile. Thabeet is more like an old school Patrick Ewing, while Larry will not have that kind of NBA game.

And there is no way Larry is going to get a 2, 3, or top 10 pick at this point.

Back