Recruiting Latrell Allmond

Many private schools allow "re-classing," which is essentially repeating the same grade. In public schools, an athlete has four years eligibility starting the moment he/she walks in the door as a freshman, regardless of their age.
And as I joked with a friend when my public school football team (coming off of a state championship) played Dematha and lost big, the University of Maryland football coach keeps complaining to the AD that he wants to have the largest recruiting budget in the state. The AD responds, "That's impossible, there's no way we can compete with Dematha." :o

And as I joked with a friend when my public school football team (coming off of a state championship) played Dematha and lost big, the University of Maryland football coach keeps complaining to the AD that he wants to have the largest recruiting budget in the state. The AD responds, "That's impossible, there's no way we can compete with Dematha." :o
John Marshall defeated DeMatha, 69-62, on Dec. 10 in Hyattsville ...

Does VCU know about Latrell, a 6-8 freshman (Class of '26) at nationally No. 1 ranked John Marshall? He's a transfer from The O'Neal School in Southern Pines, NC? If JM was in A10, the Justices might be in line for a top four tournament bye.
One of the best freshman in the country. I’m sure we know about him. I watched him play last night, he’s a grown ass man.

One of the best freshman in the country. I’m sure we know about him. I watched him play last night, he’s a grown ass man.

Rules won't allow, but It would be nice if VCU could have JM games as preliminaries ... at one time the Rams did have junior college prelims.

He has offers from Georgetown, Rutgers, Texas A&M and, most recently, Virginia.
Not bad for a freshman.

Back