LIVE NOW: ESPN-U NBA Pre-Draft Showcase

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
They're playing yesterdays activities now. they'll be playing today's showcase live from 10-12.

E is #12.

If any of you guys are able to watch this and provide updates for those of us at work, I'd appreciate it. I'm DVR'ing it at home just in case though.

Just tuned in. Have you seen him do anything yet John?

I'm loving this...

Natty said:
Just tuned in. Have you seen him do anything yet John?

I'm loving this...

They replayed yesterdays footage early this morning, saw him do a couple shooting drills where they had to curl around a cone, catch and shoot from 5-6 spots on the floor. Eric hit all his shots and demonstrated great speed in the process.

Also saw E running the fast break 3 on 2 drill. Demonstrated great judgement by knowing when to pass, to which player to pass, and when to stop and take the J.

Word is that both the Pistons and Knicks love him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009 ... our-090529

Four players really seemed to catch the attention of the GMs I spoke with after the event, with UCLA's Jrue Holiday garnering the most attention. He was the biggest point guard of the top group and seemed to tower over several of the smaller guys on the floor.

During one 3-on-2 full-court drill, Holiday looked like a power forward running on the wing. And while his size was impressive, so was his game. He was hitting his jump shot, finishing with both hands and showing versatility and an excellent handle.

"I was skeptical when I read the report out of IMG about Holiday," one NBA executive said. "Now I get it. That's the kid we fell in love with in high school. He was really impressive."

• Curry put on a shooting show -- no surprise there -- but many GMs commented that he really looked like he belonged when he participated in a number of ballhandling and full-court drills. If Curry can prove to teams that he can play point guard, he'll go somewhere between No. 5 and 13. If he can't, he could slip out of the lottery. The results of the first day of camp had to be encouraging.

• Flynn continues to generate buzz with his combination of speed and power -- even if he was the shortest guy on the floor. Every GM I spoke with now sees him as a lottery pick, with many projecting him in the Top 10.

• Maynor also generated some significant buzz with his decision-making and shooting.

"He looked like he was totally in control out there. There's a smoothness to his game that I really like," an NBA head coach said.

Emit Remmus said:
Yes...please keep us informed....

When does ESPN-U start airing on Comcast?

I read a couple days ago that Comcast will have ESPNU ready before the start of the college football season...so some time in August. I cannot wait!

Back