Long time Ram Fan to be buried tomorrow

Lex Eckenrode who was a long time VCU basketball fan and season ticket holder will be buried tomorrow. He died sunday morning of bladder cancer that he contracted in 2004. he worked for the Va. State Police Department for a long time. His daughter Heather played field hockey at VCU in the early to mid 90's and Lex was always at her games and at the men's basketball games as a season ticket holder. Prayers go out to the family. RIP Mr. Eckenrode. Glad you are no longer in pain and not suffering anymore.

Never met Lex but my sympathies go out to his family. Very sad.

Lex will be greatly missed. He was a HUGE Rams Basketball fan and did not get to as many games the past few years as he would have liked. Lex graduated from VCU in 1970 with a degree in criminal justice and then worked and retired from the Department of Criminal Justice Services several years ago. At the time of his death, Lex was the CEO of the Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation. Lex was a tremendous husband, father, co-worker, and great friend to all who knew him. He is one of the finest men I have ever met.

Sorry to here that. My dad actually has bladder cancer and it is a terrible disease. Just curious, how old was he? Lex's family will be in my prayers.

Wishing the best for his family and friends. Sorry for their loss.

Back