Looks like Isaiah Thompson is paying dividends for FIU.

districtballer

Elite Member
He's quickly jumped in on 2009 5-star forward Latavious Williams recruitment and Williams visited FIU on the 2nd of May. Williams is the #6 power forward in the country and the #17 player overall. While he's certainly a questionable hire, you can't deny that his celebrity is paying recruiting dividends for Florida International.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64277&sport=2

LATAVIOUSWILLIAMS6_5150.JPG

Maybe so, but i read an article the other day where he's pissed off quite a few Florida HS/AAU coaches by rescinding scholarship offers from the previous admin without even calling the players directly. Definitely don't want to get on the HS/AAU coach's bad side.

RamChris said:
Ramdom said:
RamChris said:
Isaiah Thomas.

There is so much irony in this post, I don't know where to start.

Ok, fill me in.

RamChris said:
Pavarotti said:
Isaiah Thomas was announced as "Isaiah Thompson" at one of FIU's first press conferences. . .

Jim Rome's take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXoJ2cuPdos

To quote Mrs. Pav "even I know the name, Isaiah Thomas, and that's saying something."

Thanks, Pav. Missed that entirely.

It's "Isiah" not "Isaiah"...

Oops, went with the biblical spelling. . .

FWIW, Isaiah Thomas was a leading scorer at the University of Washington last season.

Pavarotti said:

FWIW, Isaiah Thomas was a leading scorer at the University of Washington last season.

I wasn't calling you out Pav, I just thought it was funny that RamChris only corrected his last name.

It's all good, for some reason I never noticed that's how his name was spelled.

Ramdom said:
Pavarotti said:

I wasn't calling you out Pav, I just thought it was funny that RamChris only corrected his last name.

Ha. "Isaiah" (or whatever the spelling) is one of those names I can never spell right. Drives me crazy, but like Pav, I went for the biblical spelling, too.

RamChris said:
Ramdom said:
Pavarotti said:

Ha. "Isaiah" (or whatever the spelling) is one of those names I can never spell right. Drives me crazy, but like Pav, I went for the biblical spelling, too.

As did I! :)

Back