Max Shulga and Sean Bairstow transferring to VCU

I get all of the excuses people want to provide Shulga, but there have been others in his situation who still gave better effort on defense. I think you're either going to play defense or not. Other than a great two minutes against Mason in the CAA championship game Maynor was the same, except he gave SOOOOO much more in other areas so we let it slide.
Even those two minutes at Mason were basically led by JPR hounding the players and forcing him to Maynors side where E got the steals but Jesse was the catalyst.

If Sean isn’t 100% healthy, any chance he sits out the entire year and comes back next year? I know he is getting older and maybe the college life has gotten stale.

If Sean isn’t 100% healthy, any chance he sits out the entire year and comes back next year? I know he is getting older and maybe the college life has gotten stale.
I don't see it happening. It was a fractured bone and it's now healed. My suspicion is that the delay of the last couple of games was the coaching staff being very cautious and perhaps maybe him having a touch of pain and them not wanting to push it. They want him 100% when he returns. If this was the conference schedule, maybe everyone would be okay with 90%.

This is Sean's COVID year, so if he sits out the whole year I'm not sure he can come back. I don't know how the redshirt rules apply to the extra year.

This is Sean's COVID year, so if he sits out the whole year I'm not sure he can come back. I don't know how the redshirt rules apply to the extra year.
From what I understand, unless he’s already redshirted, he could redshirt and play next year. Everyone who participated in the 20/21 winter season gets 6 years to complete 4 seasons, and 20/21 doesn’t count against that.

I don't see it happening. It was a fractured bone and it's now healed. My suspicion is that the delay of the last couple of games was the coaching staff being very cautious and perhaps maybe him having a touch of pain and them not wanting to push it. They want him 100% when he returns. If this was the conference schedule, maybe everyone would be okay with 90%.

Some posters must have way too much time on their hands. Coach Odom has stated they were not going to rush Sean along. Originally, after the injury, the timeline for him to return was the Memphis game. That didn't happen. They didn't need him for the Alcorn State game, so why play him. Coach Odom said he could have played against Temple. That's only two games and approximately 2 weeks since the preliminary projected scheduled return date. Everyone doesn't heal at the same rate. He's scheduled to play tomorrow night and posters want to talk about him possibly redshirting????????????????????????????? Seriously?????????????????

Let Sean and the coaching staff do their thing without a bunch of inexperienced "armchair" quarterbacks posting crap that wouldn't stick to a wall if the wall was velcro. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saw both guys as I was leaving the John Marshall v St Anne's Belfield game last night and Sean said he's feeling better. Seems to be the case because Coach Odom said he's expecting Sean to make his debut tonight! A great Christmas gift for Ram Nation 🙌😂

Saw both guys as I was leaving the John Marshall v St Anne's Belfield game last night and Sean said he's feeling better. Seems to be the case because Coach Odom said he's expecting Sean to make his debut tonight! A great Christmas gift for Ram Nation 🙌😂
I saw him at the WBB game Wednesday night when VCU played UMES as well.... and after the game.... He & a bunch of the guys were out on the court joking around, throwing up random shots.

Seemed in good spirits & seemed to be moving around ok.... although he wasn't doing anything like cutting or jumping or anything.

I'm feeling good that we see him tonight... just a matter of what capacity... and thats up to him & the coaches.

Back