Max Shulga

Does Brickus play point or sg more? Agreed Max is probably moving on but I was under the impression Brickus was more of a lead guard. If he signs and Max stays then rotations do get a little weird when you throw Zeb and Bam into the mix. Having lots of talented players who deserve minutes isn't a bad problem, though.
I think Brickus and Zeb both play some PG. if Max were to return he should be almost exclusively a 2/3 combo, same as Bam. I don’t think that Max is coming back though.

Last edited:
I personally do think Max returns. I think that he wants to give the NBA a true shot, and based on him being on zero mocks to this point, the likelihood he gets the feedback that he’s draftable is low. NIL, if the number is right, holds off the desire to seek immediate money going pro in Europe. Give it another year in a system you’re comfortable in, I think makes a lot of sense. That said, here’s how I expect the lineups to shake out:

Brickus/Zeb/Max/J Nel
Zeb/Bam/Max
Max/Fats/Belle
Transfer (Jefferson?)/Tobi/Belle
Ferm/Transfer?/Tobi

True committee at the 1-2 with frequent, interchangeable rotation. Bam does not care about starting. Hopefully Jefferson takes Bairstow’s role, if not, another transfer. Need some beef down low, and maybe another shooter or two, but this is a solid roster.

Max and Zeb lead team in minutes. Fats gets a ton more tick this year. If Ferm develops off the NIT he will be improved, Tobi shot development would take him to another level. 2-3 solid portal additions and we’re cooking.

The Ukraine parliament just passed a law saying every male between the age of 18 and 60 needs to register for the draft previously I think the limit was age 27 or something like that?

Within Ukraine, they basically arrest young men and send them to the front. I have not heard of them arresting anybody in European countries but whether or not he stays at VCU he would be wise to stay right where he is in North America. I would stay as far from Ukraine as possible!
Ukraine can't arrest anyone elsewhere in Europe....it is as safe as the US. It's like we couldn't go charging into Canada and arrest someone who skipped out on our draft during the Vietnam war. And Canada, like European countries, wasn't going to extradite them back to the US.

Have you ever been to Europe?

True committee at the 1-2 with frequent, interchangeable rotation. Bam does not care about starting.....
We've done that already.

If Bam stays, Bam starts.

With some consistency, he can be one of the best players in the conference. Gotta give him that chance and that vote of confidence. This would be the first time he stays for year 2 with a college team, no? Let's see if he can make that jump to another level.

I personally do think Max returns. I think that he wants to give the NBA a true shot, and based on him being on zero mocks to this point, the likelihood he gets the feedback that he’s draftable is low. NIL, if the number is right, holds off the desire to seek immediate money going pro in Europe. Give it another year in a system you’re comfortable in, I think makes a lot of sense. That said, here’s how I expect the lineups to shake out:

Brickus/Zeb/Max/J Nel
Zeb/Bam/Max
Max/Fats/Belle
Transfer (Jefferson?)/Tobi/Belle
Ferm/Transfer?/Tobi

True committee at the 1-2 with frequent, interchangeable rotation. Bam does not care about starting. Hopefully Jefferson takes Bairstow’s role, if not, another transfer. Need some beef down low, and maybe another shooter or two, but this is a solid roster.

Max and Zeb lead team in minutes. Fats gets a ton more tick this year. If Ferm develops off the NIT he will be improved, Tobi shot development would take him to another level. 2-3 solid portal additions and we’re cooking.
Would love to have max back but not getting drafted in round 1 is to be expected for him; being drafted in round 2 is great but means very little in the way of money guarantees. Having a team identify you as a free agent add immediately after the draft is a fine place to be. My guess is that Max ends up going pro going undrafted and finding himself on a roster with possibly a 2-way contract.

Back