Players Michael Belle is a VCU Ram!

From what I’ve heard and seen in his clips, his outside shot needs work. I agree with you though on the ball handling and slasher skills.
This past year in the U21 league taking 2 a game he hit 45%. I'll take that out of a guy who has the other abilities he has.
If he is a legit threat from 3, it makes him harder to guard and opens the floor for everyone else too.
The year before his percentage was way down, taking more shots. Maybe it was a matter of getting better opportunities and learning to take better shots.

This past year in the U21 league taking 2 a game he hit 45%. I'll take that out of a guy who has the other abilities he has.
If he is a legit threat from 3, it makes him harder to guard and opens the floor for everyone else too.
The year before his percentage was way down, taking more shots. Maybe it was a matter of getting better opportunities and learning to take better shots.
If he was a bit better from deep, then we probably wouldn’t have ever had a shot at him.

If he was a bit better from deep, then we probably wouldn’t have ever had a shot at him.
Though he took a limited number of shots (just over 2 per game), I don't think the 45% this year is insignificant. Can it be duplicated vs D1 competition on this side of the pond? We'll see. At the very least I think it means you have to guard him at the three point line.

Though he took a limited number of shots (just over 2 per game), I don't think the 45% this year is insignificant. Can it be duplicated vs D1 competition on this side of the pond? We'll see. At the very least I think it means you have to guard him at the three point line.
Right. At the very least, defenses have to consider the idea that he'll shoot from distance. That helps spread the floor.

But if he was hitting 45% on 6-8 attempts a game, then he would probably either be going to a P5 school or more likely he’d be at a higher level of Euro ball and stay there until he got an NBA shot.

I have no doubts how many he's taking/making is based on program plays and competition. I wouldn't belittle euro youth hoops in comparing them to d1 hoops. I don't watch a lot of euro hoops and not sure whether anyone here is that much into it to be qualified in making precise and completely accurate d1 comparisons. Based on having just seen The Redeem Team movie, it said to me the game over there is not what some might have been used to in days past.

And watching Shulga, Bairstow, Kuani, Belle, knowing Zeb's ability to slash, with the floor spread we'll be very tough to guard.
Thinking same thing…toss in Bam bam getting waiver and look out. It’s been a long time since I thought we could score 80 on most teams. Under MR I got used to praying our D wears down shallower teams and pulling away late second half, maybe scoring 70. It’s going to be a blast watching a team I don’t feel like pulling my hang nails when they go to the FT line, praying we get to 60. 😳

Thinking same thing…toss in Bam bam getting waiver and look out. It’s been a long time since I thought we could score 80 on most teams. Under MR I got used to praying our D wears down shallower teams and pulling away late second half, maybe scoring 70. It’s going to be a blast watching a team I don’t feel like pulling my hang nails when they go to the FT line, praying we get to 60. 😳
Man there was a time not all that long ago where if we got more than 85 points they would hand out McDonald's free biscuit cards, and I would have so many of them by the end of the season I wasn't able to use all of them before they expired. Now that I type that it seems forever ago.

That’s encouraging. I was just going off what I heard from someone who saw him play while he was here, and one 3 pt. shot in a video clip.

As long as he’s respected as a shooter more than Kern was.

:D
2023-05-22-162332.jpg

Back