Michael Bradley – Unranked Big Man

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/885361.html

Michael Bradley – Unranked – Chattanooga (Tenn.) Tyner Academy

DT's Breakdown: It's tough to "stumble" across 6-10 guys but we did in Orlando. This guy averaged 2 points as a sophomore but toed the line with Andre Drummond. He's our big man find of the summer like Damontre Harris was last winter.
Schools Involved: Tennessee State, Drake, VCU, Middle Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky

This guys is so far off the radar I can't even find an article about him on the web. I credit our coaches though, they are really pounding the pavement for a quality big man or two.

Wonder if he will run into Mandelove on Campus at Uconn

Atleast he is coming during the weekend the Wizards will be on Campus

Can Shaka have Larry meet with him? That might close the deal on this one. Thabeet be damned at UConn...this guy looks like a Larry clone.

Could you imagine if Larry stayed his final year and we sign one of the big guys, Harris or Bradley, and they got to play together with Larry for a year. With the guards we would already have in place it is very feasible that we would be a top 25 team.

Can you tell I'm ready for the season to start?

I started salivating in my mouth a little when I read this thread....and that usually only happens at Buz and Neds or when I watch Man vs. Food.

Wow, that's great news. I'm going to have to do a little bit of research on Drake because I have to admit I know zilch about them. Just hope we don't get "Mandeldoved" by UConn again.

I always worry about bbeing the last visit on a recruits list. I guess it can be an advantage but I'd rather have the first shot at a recruit.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
Anyone have time to explain the Mandelove thing?

Basically the same thing that happened to the ODU recruit Parker. Gave us a Verbal then blew up over his senior season and decided he would go to UCONN instead.

He averaged 2.3 minutes a game his Junior year and didn't see a minute of a 5OT game

I LOVE it when Jon Mandeldove's name comes up. After he graduates...he should give talks to HS players and tell them to take a real hard look at themselves as players and really ask themselves what is important.
A-Do you want to go to a "Big Time" school with the fancy weight rooms, under the table extras, TV Games and maybe...just maybe...get some PT depending on the talent around you the inevitable influx of other really good players. Your growth as a player may be stunted and any prospect of playing after college (NBA/Oversees/etc) but you can say you went to ______ University
or
B-Do you want to go to a "Smaller School" and get PT right away...thereby advancing your growth as a player. Getting occasional TV exposure but ultimatley testing yourself to get national exposure based on your play.

I guess the moral of the story is narrow down the schools...ask yourself if you can honestly compete with Players X, Y, Z (Thabeet or a Jeff Adrien or the next Blue-Chipper to come down the block-Alex Oriaki)...do you actually want a degree from X school...are you willing to put the ego boost aside for the school that is best for YOU and not for cache value?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=31557

.....Mandeldoved.......great word and a sad story......file also under "What Could Have Been"

This is how I remember the story:

Jon Mandeldove (big man out of Atlanta) actually signed the LOI with VCU/Capel prior to the start of his senior season, somewhere between then and the summer his stock blows up and the big boys became interested in him. In fact I read a quote from Pitino saying something like "I can't believe he's going to VCU." Out of no where he decides to go to prep school (no mention of any academic issues), thus releasing him from his LOI and reopening his recruitment, he signs with UConn and you haven't heard from him since.

That same year, we signed Eric Whitehurst prior to his senior season. That year Carolina won the national championship and their whole squad left for the NBA so Roy Williams is desperate to replace them. Rumor has it that word got to Whitehurst that Carolina was interested and he asked to be released from his LOI and Capel said no. Then he mysteriously decided to go JUCO for two years (still don't understand that move) and once again, you haven't heard from him since.

Mercury said:
VCU Finance 2008 said:
Anyone have time to explain the Mandelove thing?

Basically the same thing that happened to the ODU recruit Parker. Gave us a Verbal then blew up over his senior season and decided he would go to UCONN instead.

He averaged 2.3 minutes a game his Junior year and didn't see a minute of a 5OT game

I wasn't sure of the exact story but I knew most of the details(forgot he signed with us)

But yeah the thing is that nobody sees themselves riding the pine which is good in a way because they are either that high on their ability or they are high enough on their work ethic that nobody will work harder then them. But in reality guys get over recruited at every level of college sports just easier to happen with the big boys

2007 team could have done a ton of damage with him

Back