MICHAEL BRADLEY (hasn't) COMMITTED TO VCU (yet.)!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MICHAEL BRADLEY COMMITS TO VCU!!!!!!

Mistachill said:
AG - so a player with size and potential isn't important to the future of the program? Of course none of know how any of these guys will ultimately develop, but aren't you one of the first guys to say we need to close the deal on some of these highly rated prospects we're pursuing?

DB - other than the internet violence (that was funny) why are you surprised by the reaction?

I didn't say I was surprised. Just that the reactions were hilarious.

I know for a lot of us, VCU basketball is life (I am the first one to admit that). Sometimes we just have to step away from the keyboard and realize that we are talking about a 17 year old who is trying to pick a school for himself. Our attitude and life outlook is being affected by someone we don't know and have never met. Nothing surprising about anything I've seen on here. It's just ironic seeing how riled up people are getting about it, seeing as it is a process they have nothing to do with and will have no impact on either way. Take a chill pill and relax, whether he decides VCU is for him, or not, it won't be because of this thread, or any other thread on this board for that matter.

DB - Do you want rabid fans or U of R fans? Can't have it both ways. What's the countdown on someone starting a thread complaining about fans not being hyped enough.

You gotta take the good with the bad and this is part of the deal if you want fans to be really into VCU hoops.

Remember what "fan" is short for.

Mistachill said:
DB - Do you want rabid fans or U of R fans? Can't have it both ways. What's the countdown on someone starting a thread complaining about fans not being hyped enough.

You gotta take the good with the bad and this is part of the deal if you want fans to be really into VCU hoops.

Remember what "fan" is short for.

I didn't say that I wanted us to be like U of R fans...and I was hardly complaining about us not being hyped enough. I merely made an observation on the hilarity of the responses. Don't read into it too much. ;)

one should not be surprised to get attention when one pulls an attention-getting stunt

Mistachill said:
AG - so a player with size and potential isn't important to the future of the program? Of course none of know how any of these guys will ultimately develop, but aren't you one of the first guys to say we need to close the deal on some of these highly rated prospects we're pursuing?
I rarely agree with ShakaSmartFan, but I think what he is saying in this case is true. It would be great to have Michael Bradley come to VCU, and it could take us to a new level, but if he does not that does not mean that all is lost. We have had a lot of success without any 4 star or even 3 star recruits in the past. Obviously recruiting for 2010 is the big thing going on in Ram Land for the next few weeks, but when all is said and done we still have a heck of a team suiting up in 2009 and a lot to be excited about. No matter who our last recruit (or two?) is we will have a great team in 2010 as well. Not saying that I don't want Michael Bradley to be a Ram in the worst way, just that if it does not work out in our favor we have to be able to move past it and think about the guys on the team now who are busting their @$$ working out at 6 am every morning to give us something to cheer about this season.

ThreadFail.jpg

You guys should really chill out on this, you getting hyped over a recruit isn't going to affect his decision at all. Maybe some of you guys should get this hyped at the games because our mediocre atmosphere is in need of some hype.

Well, I'm done with it, time to move on. But no matter how you justify it, it wasn't a cool thing to do.

NickGeorge21VCU said:
Maybe some of you guys should get this hyped at the games because our mediocre atmosphere is in need of some hype.

What games are you attending? Most every game I go to has high energy from the fans. We are selling out games, student sections are overflowing, and Pav provides the sideline entertainment. What else can you ask for!

Life doesn't get much better than this! Let's just cool it and wait and see.

BradRamFan said:
NickGeorge21VCU said:
Maybe some of you guys should get this hyped at the games because our mediocre atmosphere is in need of some hype.

What games are you attending? Most every game I go to has high energy from the fans. We are selling out games, student sections are overflowing, and Pav provides the sideline entertainment. What else can you ask for!
People usually like to nancy about nothing...just like the people who wet their panties in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back