Mike Rhoades rumored to take Penn State head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRock

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Rumors have been swirling over the last 72 hours that VCU head coach Mike Rhoades has been considering an offer from Penn State for its head coaching vacancy. Jon Rothstein tweeted last night that the offer includes a salary in excess of $3 million per year:

Sources: Penn State has offered its head coaching vacancy to VCU's Mike Rhoades, with an annual salary in excess of $3 million dollars.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 28, 2023

This morning, Pete Thamel further substantiated that rumor indicating that Rhoades is working through a few contract issues, with a decision expected today:

Sources: Penn State is in discussions with VCU’s Mike Rhoades to be the school’s next head coach. There’s a few lingering issues, including board approval of the contract. A decision is expected today.
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel)...

Continue reading...

(sigh)

Not good.
die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

It’s a business. He’s making the best decision for his family and their futures. Wish it was with VCU but I understand. How many people wouldn’t take nearly double their current salary in their line of work?

It’s a business. He’s making the best decision for his family and their futures. Wish it was with VCU but I understand. How many people wouldn’t take nearly double their current salary in their line of work?
You don’t go in front of camera a bald face lie to the fans. You don’t tell them all roads end here. You don’t tell them I’m not leaving don’t believe me? Watch. You don’t leave your team in limbo. One of our fans that travels with the team stated he hadn’t seen or talked to them in over a week. Does that sound like family? Dude is on Twitter blocking his supporters. F him. In fact F him X 2. He took his home for most of his life and threw in the trash for what? To join a piece of crap program that has less nba players in its history than us in the last 3 years. He’s a sell out. Call him Wade Junior.

You don’t go in front of camera a bald face lie to the fans. You don’t tell them all roads end here. You don’t tell them I’m not leaving don’t believe me? Watch. You don’t leave your team in limbo. One of our fans that travels with the team stated he hadn’t seen or talked to them in over a week. Does that sound like family? Dude is on Twitter blocking his supporters. F him. In fact F him X 2. He took his home for most of his life and threw in the trash for what? To join a piece of crap program that has less nba players in its history than us in the last 3 years. He’s a sell out. Call him Wade Junior.
Understand your apparent curse word laced tirade. It will all be ok.

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game.”

Seems like you are not understanding why this is upsetting.
I get it. But I understand his decision. Money talks. In this case, it was screaming. The landscape of college basketball also isn’t what it used to be. These aren’t student athletes anymore with these NIL and transfer portal aspects to NCAA hoops. In big time college hoops, these are all free agent clients (players and coaches) year to year that also happen to be required to take college courses (players). It’s a sad state of NCAA hoops currently and it stinks but it is what it is.

I get it. But I understand his decision. Money talks. In this case, it was screaming. The landscape of college basketball also isn’t what it used to be. These aren’t student athletes anymore with these NIL and transfer portal aspects to NCAA hoops. In big time college hoops, these are all free agent clients (players and coaches) year to year that also happen to be required to take college courses (players). It’s a sad state of NCAA hoops currently and it stinks but it is what it is.
Nah bruh, not every player gets a massive NIL. Transfers are helping a lot of teams as they can also hurt. Not a fan of either, but if he stayed we would've been fine. Also, we offered 2.6...he just wanted a 7 year deal and knew we couldn't accept that right now. He knew what he was doing, and that he was playing us.

Read between the lines my dude....and you will find why ppl are upset, on top of his bs comments in the beginning of his tenure.

Agreed and PSU is going to figure this out before long. We may dodged a bullet as they say.

Nah bruh, not every player gets a massive NIL. Transfers are helping a lot of teams as they can also hurt. Not a fan of either, but if he stayed we would've been fine. Also, we offered 2.6...he just wanted a 7 year deal and knew we couldn't accept that right now. He knew what he was doing, and that he was playing us.

Read between the lines my dude....and you will find why ppl are upset, on top of his bs comments in the beginning of his tenure.
Agreed. VCU made the right call. What has MR done to warrant a 7 year deal? O-2-1 in 6 years in the NCAAT. PSU can have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back