Mock draft has Larry going to Utah in first round

As for Larry, when he's in the game, the other team never gets a good look inside. Everything is rushed and/or altered. I hate it when he gets in foul trouble too, but he didn't get to be an intimidator by standing over in the corner wearing a dress.

The guy plays hard and agressive on defense......I would hate to have the opposite.

From what I am hearing about Skeen, those of you that don't like the fact that Larry is playing outside a little bit are going to want to crucify Jamie after a game or two.....

VCU4LIFE said:
From what I am hearing about Skeen, those of you that don't like the fact that Larry is playing outside a little bit are going to want to crucify Jamie after a game or two.....
From what I have seen, Jamie has a good shot from 15+

Right, but everyone is talking like they expect him to come in and bang in the post and be a huge rebounding guy....

If people aren't happy, maybe we could get Sam Faulk, Slim Dixon and Slippery Digits back.

VRam said:
If people aren't happy, maybe we could get Sam Faulk, Slim Dixon and Slippery Digits back.

Its not too much to ask for the guy to play up to the level we all know he is capable of right?

Mercury said:
VRam said:
Its not too much to ask for the guy to play up to the level we all know he is capable of right?

Well, if that's the case, why are you just on Larry? I don't hear you talking about Rozzell. He's given us almost nothing, he's shooting 30% from the field overall, he's taking wild shots early in the shot clock and it's not like he's setting the world on fire with his defense. Certainly he's not playing to the level he's capable, right?

VRam said:
Mercury said:
VRam said:

Well, if that's the case, why are you just on Larry? I don't hear you talking about Rozzell. He's given us almost nothing, he's shooting 30% from the field overall, he's taking wild shots early in the shot clock and it's not like he's setting the world on fire with his defense. Certainly he's not playing to the level he's capable, right?

Rozzell also isnt a projected draft pick and the supposed leader of this team. Larry is..we have also seen Larry go on stretches where he has just been unstoppable we havent seen that from Rozzell. Larry playing at his highest level gets us farther than Brandon playing at his highest level. No offense to Brandon he is just an example.

If it makes you feel better I've been on Joey too

Mercury said:
Rozzell also isnt a projected draft pick and the supposed leader of this team. Larry is..we have also seen Larry go on stretches where he has just been unstoppable we havent seen that from Rozzell. Larry playing at his highest level gets us farther than Brandon playing at his highest level. No offense to Brandon he is just an example.

Exactly. If we're going anywhere, it's gonna be on Larry's shoulders so you might as well hop on the Larry train now before it leaves the station and gets rolling. We know Larry can completely dominate against any team on our schedule. If the guy hasn't proven to you or anyone else that he rises to the occasion, then I don't know what else could convince you. His play down the stretch last year was amazing and record setting. Give him a chance to get rolling. After all, what he's given us so far this season in the middle is still far better than what we were used to before he got here.

artRAMinMN said:
VRam said:
His shot actually looks pretty good. Maybe he could be another Bob McAdoo or Maurice Lucas. :lol: The big problem is that when he come out high, we have no one to hit the offensive glass. That could change when Skeen is eligible.

Exactly. I'm not particularly bothered by Larry shooting from outside when situation calls for it (he does seem to have decent form, and it could stretch opponent Ds). What does bother me is that it has seemed like when it happens, the rest of the team isn't ready for it, and it disrupts things, and everybody else is outside with him watching. When Skeen, and later Saintil, are available we should be able to play 2 or more bigs at once and have rebounding backup down low.

youngters need to get some footage of Bernard Harris
particularly the rainbow jumpers over Robert Parrish.

quote]

If it makes you feel better I've been on Joey too
[/quote][/quote]

:lol: I agree with Mercury. Exactly how do you even begin to compare the productivity of a first round pick against a 7th or 8th man off the bench playing @ 15 minutes a game in a mid-major program? :lol:

Larry averaged 8.5 rebounds last year and is averaging under 5 now. Plus he indicated he wanted to lead the nation (not the CAA, but the darn nation) in rebounding. He is saying this stuff, so it's fair to call him out a bit for underperforming so far compared to last year. I think he needs to play more inside and hit the boards better. The only other issue I have is I don't think he can hit more than 25% of his treys so I would prefer he not even take them...of course I am not the the coach.

VRam said:
Mercury said:
VRam said:

I know his percentages and numbers may not be the highlight of any games thus far, but he has made some key momentum 3's for us in a couple games this year, and I've seen him fight for quite a few loose balls, as well as hustle on some out-of-bounds plays. B-Rozz has heart, just like Joey, and you can have a team loaded with talent, but if there is no heart or drive you basically have nothing.

Blackmagic804 said:
:lol: I agree with Mercury. Exactly how do you even begin to compare the productivity of a first round pick against a 7th or 8th man off the bench playing @ 15 minutes a game in a mid-major program? :lol:

We're not playing compare productivity. We're playing pick on guys who are playing below their capabilities. Surely you're not saying that Larry hasn't been productive? We'd be 1-3 without him. He's our second leading scorer and top defensive player.

As for Larry's rebounding, the team is doing pretty well on the boards. Why do we care whether Larry gets them or TJ and Brad combine for 21? If the other team wasn't so preoccupied with Larry do you really think Brad and TJ would combine for 21 rebounds?

Whoooosh said:
I know his percentages and numbers may not be the highlight of any games thus far, but he has made some key momentum 3's for us in a couple games this year, and I've seen him fight for quite a few loose balls, as well as hustle on some out-of-bounds plays. B-Rozz has heart, just like Joey, and you can have a team loaded with talent, but if there is no heart or drive you basically have nothing.

I have no problem with Brandon (especially after only four games) and all I care about is whether we win, especially at this stage of the season. But apparently some others are more concerned with stats. So if we're gonna play let's pick on Larry because we don't like his stats, then we need to get everyone else involved and analyze their stats. It's a team game.

It's a shame really, because stats are for losers. Winners shouldn't care about stats.

Back