Most Impressive Non-VCUer?

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Was watching Julius Wells light us up for 3 quick 3s in a row last night and it got me to thinking after the game...

Who are the best players I've seen us face this year in conference play?

Wells' 20 pts, 11 boards was pretty impressive for a 6'5 freshman...

But I think so far Cam Long really impressed me the most this year. Only a sophomore, has nice size for a guard (6'4)..and really seems like the team leader out there for George Mason.

The same could be said about Charles Jenkins for the Pride and of course Matt Janning from Northeastern.

Over all I'd still probably take Cam Long if there were some kind of draft held for my first pick of guys we've gone against.

I think it's been pretty cool to watch Matt Janning grow into a leader on his team. He keeps his head in the game, great drive through the lanes, can shoot well overall...

Also - does it seem to anyone like the CAA is struggling for marquee players this year?

I'd have to say that Janning's composure, demeanor, leadership and oh yea...skill(s) were pretty impressive.

Pearson and Long are two others that surprised me...their abilities to make hustle/MO changing plays can be impressive.

Funny, I was just talking about how Pearson reminded me of WIl Thomas a little. I think he could be great for them.

Back