Most underrated VCU players?

i'll only go ahead on comment on players who i've actually seen play, so gotta go with antoine willie. even though he was only here a short time, i always liked the way he played the game.

vcu70 said:
I think Charles Kennedy-25% lifetime from half court-nobody can touch that plus over 7,000 pizzas-I say retire his jersey number--, er room number, er SS number?

No way, we need him to continue to contribute. Don't let him retire just yet.

I think as far as talking about VCU "Greats"...Chris Cheeks seems to be a forgotten man to me. He's one of the players I can really remember from my youth. And if I'm not mistaken, his scoring average while (came in for his Jr-Sr seasons) at VCU is greater than any other Ram.

I'll go with my friend, Vince Wilson. Very steady player IMO. His dunk against Tech is still one of the top-5 plays in school history. I would love to see a clip of that play.

Stan Davis and Greg Boston...
Greg was a walk-on from Godwin in 1992. And Stan and I played church basketball together along with rec league.

mike7842 said:
Danny Kottak.

Without a doubt!!! Danny was lights out from the corner before there was a three point line. He was also clutch in big games. He was the main reason VCU beat Georgetown in the ECAC South finals.

Someone else that seems to be overlooked is Edmond Sherrod, who got drafted by the Knicks out of college. I would also throw in Sherron Mills who stepped up big time when Kendrick Warren went down.

Wolfpack Ram said:
mike7842 said:
Danny Kottak.

Without a doubt!!! Danny was lights out from the corner before there was a three point line. He was also clutch in big games. He was the main reason VCU beat Georgetown in the ECAC South finals.

Someone else that seems to be overlooked is Edmond Sherrod, who got drafted by the Knicks out of college. I would also throw in Sherron Mills who stepped up big time when Kendrick Warren went down.

100% agree. Danny Kottak. Greatest fade away jumper in VCU history! Maybe, the greatest shooter in VCU history.

VCUBeatsduke

mike7842 said:
Danny Kottak.

I, too, love Danny Kottak. I will never forget his game at James Madison. Five seconds to go, one point down, with the ball at JMU's end. Ball is given to Danny, he goes past mid-court, shoots and hits--but points disallowed because coach called time out. Now we got three seconds on the clock, Danny gets the ball, shoots, and wins the game (finally).

Having said all of that, Calvin Roland is what basketball is all about. You are right, that clip should be shown to every recruit. His character is why I love VCU basketball.

Back