• MUSH

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • FOOD LION

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Pavarotti

Nation Donor
Insider
Debate has formed on the enemy OOC thread. Who do you hate more?

Why I picked mush:

ODU is a similar demographic to ours, with a similar story. ODU is more like a little brother who annoys the crap out of you, but I would stick up for if a bully came along. UR on the other hand is the annoying rich kid, who comes in and F's your sister, tries to cut down a memento, then leaves in the middle of the night for a supposedly prettier girl (but fails miserably with her, and makes you laugh).

There is no possible situation in which I would ever wish good on the ODU Program I hope they lose every game and the program has to fold

if the question is "who do you hate more?" then I have to go with the ticks

if the question is who is the bigger rival, then I'd have to go with the 'narchs

the only games I can imagine wanting the ticks to ever win would be against powerhouse d-bag teams on general principle, while I don't mind if the 'narchs beat the pats from time to time (and vice versa) or get the occasional ooc win

the little boy blues hate us, so I hate them

UR ignores us, so I ignore them

Red_I_Ram said:
the little boy blues hate us, so I hate them

UR ignores us, so I ignore them

I'm not sure UR ignores us. You would figure they would have to notice the arena being more loud than usual. Actually they would have to notice that theres noise there period

I personally hate both but if I had to choose who to hate more it would be UR. They think their so much better and they ditched the CAA. Doesn't matter since we can beat them no matter what conference their in.

ODU on the other hand is loyal to our rivalry and the conference. Loyalty to hatred is a great thing.

6660_99508321731_538766731_2190025_2781578_n.jpg

ODU and GMU are sports rivals and actually are more like us than not.
However the hate for UR is ancient, pervasive, and transcends sports.
F the Mush and their snooty mommas too.

2009-10 Mushland Vs. Food Lion

Fri. Nov. 27 ODU at South Padre Island Invitational
(Missouri, Mississippi State, Richmond)

Wed. Dec. 2 ODU at Richmond

I kinda thought about it this way:

I would hypothetically attend UofR for graduate school.

I would never attend ODU no matter what the circumstances might be.

Pav's point of view is pretty much the same as mine.
University of New Jersey at Henrico Hornets
I hope the ticks lose every game in every sport, unless they play Virginia Tech or would boost our BBall RPI - BIG TIME... if its only half a percent, then F them!
I rooted against "friends" that were playing in the little league championship game for them.
I have no respect what so ever for the UNJH program, in ANYTHING.
Thier fans, which is my major focal point when judging a sports team preference, are total TOOLS... in EVERY sport. I went to a soccer game between UNJH and D-III Randolph College. There were more people there than there were at basketball games... so about 10. Their fans booed a kid after he was knocked down and didn't get up. I mean, JC3 would have told their @$$es to show come class, it's only Randolph College.
Then there's the red sweater vests... ugh!
My last straw with them, however, was my first VCU/UNJH game at the Robbins Crapenter. These snobby little girls were SCREAMING at us telling us we go to a community college... and probably couldn't tell you who was even PLAYING the game, let alone the score. Evidently daddy taught them a few choice words... and how to be a moron.
Old Dirty Underwear
Let me start with, I think ODU is GREAT for the CAA. Their men's program is usually upper-mid pack, they do bring the best rivalry in the CAA (and as far as D-I hoops goes, probably the best rivalry in the state of VA). However, I'd also defend them as best as I could (even though they make it difficult at times) when any team or NCAA ruling tries to mess with them. With their fans, while some of the old alumni are total tools (ask pav about having trash piled on his head)... their students will generally give you heck for 40(+) minutes and then buy you a beer afterwards. I'll sit in ODU's student section (and have more than once) while I wouldn't even bother with UNJH (or GMU for that matter)... provided enough students went to a UNJH game to consider it a "student section"!

In closing, for me it just boils down to which team's fans I'd rather go have a beer with, and seeing how the ticks probably would prefer wine... I'll take the 'narchs as the lesser of the two hates.

Yet, as far as rivalries go, there's no one even close to what we have with ODU.

One more thing.

F them both.

F 'em big time.

Pavarotti said:
Why I picked mush:

ODU is a similar demographic to ours, with a similar story. ODU is more like a little brother who annoys the crap out of you, but I would stick up for if a bully came along. UR on the other hand is the annoying rich kid, who comes in and F's your sister, tries to cut down a memento, then leaves in the middle of the night for a supposedly prettier girl (but fails miserably with her, and makes you laugh).
I really don't understand why you dislike UR so much... I know they're our rivials and their fans can be excessive douches...but seriously, your dislike seems more like jealously.

ODU on the other hand, is extremely similar to VCU...I don't really know if that's a good or bad thing.

this is impossible. i hate odu and now with the recent CAA zone BS and the total arrogance of the also ran GMU imposters, I have to say I may hate GMU more. But the ticks or food lion...please... its like asking which country you hated more in WWII? Germany or Japan? Iran or N Korea? Michael or Tito? F them all

Meh, I have friends at both institutions so I can't honestly "hate" either

So in lieu, I'll just have to take the Vram approach on this one...

F em

Bump, just because the debate has been recently updated. For the record, I still root for Food Lion to beat the Mushies, because A) we get to beat them twice, and B) I've had drinks with some cool Food Lion fans.

Back