New Orleans - Dec. 21

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
No need for a sticky but me and Mrs. Bang are definitely going and want to hook up with the greatest amount of the best fans in the world! I have never been to the Big Easy but got close and I am looking forward to the event. Also the Cowboys are playing the Saints at the Superdome that night. So we are looking for places to stay near the FQ and Tulane. I think the Cowboy fans are making reservations too.

I intend to be there.

Had a case in Federal Court in New Orleans pre- and post-Katrina, so I've been there quite a few times. Never, however, for fun. A lot of good places to eat. The French Quarter actually seemed a little nicer after Katrina.

My favorite place to stay is Le Pavillon, a beautiful older hotel. Rates are hit or miss. With the Cowboys in town, I'm betting they're miss for our game.

P.S. Make sure you're there on December 19 - that's gameday.

I was among the few to attend the last VCU at Tulane game - an 84-80 loss on Nov. 20, 2000.

N'awlins recollections include:

* Monsoon-like rain when we first arrived - ending long drought in the Big Easy

* Spotting the Rams the night before, eating dinner on Bourbon Street

* How antiquated Fogelman Arena was, how exasperating it was to park, and how poor the crowd was

* That beer was sold at concession stand - never seen that before or since.

* Bo Jones swishing a bundle of treys in the early going, and Rams taking solid lead

* Josh Graham misfiring on a break-away slam, and the momentum changing

* Later on, eating in French Quarter, so disappointed, and enduring agony of having to watch Washington Redskins upset victory over homestanding St. Louis Rams on overhead TV.

* Much later that night, seeing VCU's three towering Russians - The "ov" triplets, Likcholitov, Nesterov and Orlov - walking the streets, slowly, looking lonely, even melancholy, heading toward a distant hotel. Somehow I felt sorry for them.

i was just there and it was actually pretty crowded. spent 4 days there a couple of weeks ago. Redfish grille on bourbon st. has excellent seafood. It was the first restaurant to reopen after katrina. There is a copelands bistro (like the one we used to have at stony point) in the garden district, not far from toolame. You can ride the street car from the french quarter up to the garden district for a buck and a quarter. street car runs pretty late.

for a city with 2 pro sports teams they are sorely lacking in sports bars. Yes there are plenty of bars on bourbon street but nothing like a home team grille or mulligans or bw3's. Hard to believe but that is the case. we watched the florida/lsu game at a neat little place in the quarter called huck finn's cafe. Good food and not too expensive and they have a little bit of everything.

If you want real cajun food you cant go wrong with mulates. right down by the riverwalk great food and music. the zoo there is pretty cool if you have the time and the aquarium down on the mississippi is also pretty cool.

For anyone who did not know, the Saints and Cowboys are playing at 8:30 PM the night of our game. VCU @ Tulane is at 2 PM, so it will be easy to catch both games. Tickets might be a little hard to come by, luckily I got our before the season started and the before the Saints were any good. :o

Going to be a great trip.

fmrick said:
For anyone who did not know, the Saints and Cowboys are playing at 8:30 PM the night of our game. VCU @ Tulane is at 2 PM, so it will be easy to catch both games. Tickets might be a little hard to come by, luckily I got our before the season started and the before the Saints were any good. :o

Well, at least your going to one good game. Haha Jk

fmrick said:

:D 8-)

Back