New Poll: Who would you kick out of the CAA?

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Not that we wanna kick anyone out of the Conference (although Hofstra apparently has toyed with the idea of kicking themselves out)...

BUT IF YOU COULD...who would be the first to go?

go to the main page @ www.VCURamNation.com and vote

Any school that can't manage to average 2000 attendees to their home basketball games obviously does not have enough support to be a serious member in this league. Secondly when teams year in and year out average greater than a 200 RPI ranking you have to wonder what they bring to the table in terms of men's basketball.

ViCtorioUs said:
Any school that can't manage to average 2000 attendees to their home basketball games obviously does not have enough support to be a serious member in this league. Secondly when teams year in and year out average greater than a 200 RPI ranking you have to wonder what they bring to the table in terms of men's basketball.

Agreed.

Northeastern is a puzzling team for one of those reasons. Last year they had a heck of a team (at least until they fell apart at the end)...and that gym was empty when VCU played them. If you've got a solid team and can't put butts in the seat against one of the top teams in the conference...when will you ever?

It starts and ends with Towson. And who the heck said ODU? Wouldn't our lives be boring without them to kick around?

VCU.

Straight to the head of the nations premier non-football conference after the Big East implosion.

shouldn't the question be "who wouldn't I kick out of the CAA?" lol I can't help but dislike every other team.

I voted without reading the thread first (ya know....so I could be unbiased)

But Towson is the obvious choice...especially since Junior Hairston has graduated (He would've KILLED at VCU)
Besides, they're all still basking in the remaining glow of Pat Kennedy....I believe that is a 2 watt bulb at this point.

F'em and their Award Winning Dance Team

ViCtorioUs said:
Any school that can't manage to average 2000 attendees to their home basketball games obviously does not have enough support to be a serious member in this league.

Sad as it is, four teams from last year fall in this category, with Georgia State bringing up the rear at 1,494.

U of Maine or one of the football schools up north. Maybe Villanova.

On second thought. Maybe one of those associate schools for other sports. But I would not kick out any of the schools that compete in the CAA for basketball. :? :lol:

For me it would be W&M at #1. Yeah they made a nice run in the tourney two years ago...but look at their season. I don't see them every being anything but a bottom to middle of the road team on a consistent basis. They are happy with that...they are happy to just field a team.

Towson at #2. I just don't see the admin behind moving their team forward.

Delaware....if it ain't football then who cares. See ya later.

GSU on the other hand I think is really trying to improve. They brought in a very good coach and have reached out for some very good players.

I really think Drexel needs to find a way to get out of the Dac. Whatever happened to the new arena that was planned at the armory? And is Bruiser the man to bring them up to snuff...I would have say yes 4-5 years ago but not so sure now.

JMU is actually trying but have had a run of bad luck with Sherm and Keener. Lets hope their current coach can move them forward and out of the pit of heck.

I just don't know about UNCW. How can a freaking administration blow apart a basketball program that was at one point a perrenial top team in the CAA. Some of their fans are even wishing for a step down to the SoCon now. A true dissapointment. But not sure I would like to throw them out.

Didn't GSU say a few months back they wanted to get out of the CAA as soon as possible when asked about the new football team?

Seems like a good reason to kick them.

Of course Will and Mary would be the other one to consider. They only had one real great season for basketball. Unfortunately, at our expense. :evil:

Lucky for W&M they have a half decent football team.

BradRamFan said:
For me it would be W&M at #1. Yeah they made a nice run in the tourney two years ago...but look at their season. I don't see them every being anything but a bottom to middle of the road team on a consistent basis. They are happy with that...they are happy to just field a team.

Towson at #2. I just don't see the admin behind moving their team forward.

Delaware....if it ain't football then who cares. See ya later.

GSU on the other hand I think is really trying to improve. They brought in a very good coach and have reached out for some very good players.

I really think Drexel needs to find a way to get out of the Dac. Whatever happened to the new arena that was planned at the armory? And is Bruiser the man to bring them up to snuff...I would have say yes 4-5 years ago but not so sure now.

JMU is actually trying but have had a run of bad luck with Sherm and Keener. Lets hope their current coach can move them forward and out of the pit of heck.

I just don't know about UNCW. How can a freaking administration blow apart a basketball program that was at one point a perrenial top team in the CAA. Some of their fans are even wishing for a step down to the SoCon now. A true dissapointment. But not sure I would like to throw them out.

William & Mary hasn't had much success in basketball, but they own more CAA championships than any other school, fyi.

Drexel is currently renovating an armory across the street from the DAC. They hope to move into their new arena in the next couple of years. Capacity should be somewhere around 5k.

Towson is scheduled to break ground on a $45 million arena this spring.

Back