New VCU themed bar to open on Broad St

The location is west of the Stu. It would be a long walk. It is a couple blocks east of the Science Museum.
It's 1 1/2 blocks west of The Camel. It's a hiike from Broad Street Parking Deck, but a few extra minutes if a good place isn't so bad.

Long walk to get to the game quickly. I usually get off work and try to get downtown to eat before a game. Not much time to eat, have a drink and get to my seat. Anything other than several blocks takes time. Thus the term....long walk.
we are a bunch of lazy Americans. Overseas, walking is what you do. A half mile to a good night spot and then a half mile to an arena is just a chance to catch fresh air. I wish it was closer, but also have walked from The Stu to Scott's Addition more than once for pregame. I say we support this place and give it a chance. If it becomes a challeng then we get creative with a shuttle lined up and 30 of us chipping in.

It's 1 1/2 blocks west of The Camel. It's a hiike from Broad Street Parking Deck, but a few extra minutes if a good place isn't so bad.
Yeah, it’s not an awful walk. It’s about twice the distance of the walk from the Laurel Street deck to the Siegel Center.

Laurel Street Deck is too far period. Even with The Camel there were times I would just grab a street parking and give away my parking deck pass.

I've taken it a fair amount...wife even more. Never experienced any of what you share, maybe lucky
I've used it exclusively for getting to and from work since last summer and it's generally been reliable. The recent paving on Main definitely threw everything off but aside from projects like that it's usually good - just need to know the arrival times. We've taken it to games from the Rockett's Landing stop some, too.

From what I understand; that is the only time it was hopping. I remember seeing Skeen there before games when he was sitting after the transfer...back when he still had his dreads.
Toward the end prob so. They used be jumping back in the day, though. I remember going after a snowstorm once and it was absolutely packed. They used to have absurd coupons as well.

Toward the end prob so. They used be jumping back in the day, though. I remember going after a snowstorm once and it was absolutely packed. They used to have absurd coupons as well.
Yeah, on the weekends after midnight or whenever they were popping. A bunch of us lining up for a post-night pizza. Same with Qdoba and Bodillaz.

Yeah, on the weekends after midnight or whenever they were popping. A bunch of us lining up for a post-night pizza. Same with Qdoba and Bodillaz.
Were you around for Burrito Chop or nah? It was in the cursed location on Laurel behind Aladdin Express. That was place the SPOT!

we are a bunch of lazy Americans. Overseas, walking is what you do. A half mile to a good night spot and then a half mile to an arena is just a chance to catch fresh air. I wish it was closer, but also have walked from The Stu to Scott's Addition more than once for pregame. I say we support this place and give it a chance. If it becomes a challeng then we get creative with a shuttle lined up and 30 of us chipping in.
He’s not saying he can’t make the walk. He’s saying that it’s a long walk when you barely make the game on time as it is. And when it’s 30 degrees and raining, that walk will suck àss.

Were you around for Burrito Chop or nah? It was in the cursed location on Laurel behind Aladdin Express. That was place the SPOT!
Don't remember that but could've walked by it. There used to be some pizza spot between Shafer and Laurel around there too that I'd go to with friends after French class. Got torn down around 2011/2012. High fived Shaka on that sidewalk after the first game in 2010

I've used it exclusively for getting to and from work since last summer and it's generally been reliable. The recent paving on Main definitely threw everything off but aside from projects like that it's usually good - just need to know the arrival times. We've taken it to games from the Rockett's Landing stop some, too.
GRTC is in the process of adding the extended busses with the accordion like feature in the middle.

The transit app is great for this. You can track the schedule and where the bus is that's coming in your direction. You can see that the bus scheduled to arrive in 15 minutes is, in fact, on pace to arrive on time, clear out your tab, and be at the station a 1/2 block away with ease.

We should try this out as a group in November. I can even try to coordinate with the bar owners to communicate to folks by someone yelling out "bus arrives in 15! Clear out and head to the station now if you want to catch the 6:30!"

Snow storms = automatic happy hour at grace st bars...Jade elephant in particular. Many hedged school would be delayed/cancelled the next day, and a few times it paid off.
(And for those kids who didn't know; they cancelled school for ❄️ back in the day.😂)

Snow storms = automatic happy hour at grace st bars...Jade elephant in particular. Many hedged school would be delayed/cancelled the next day, and a few times it paid off.
(And for those kids who didn't know; they cancelled school for ❄️ back in the day.😂)
Those of us who lived at Treehouse “campus” housing in the 90s just held Everclear and kool-aide parties on those nights.

Really? I thought the location was in the old Pig and Pearl was located and I always thought it was a little east of the Children's museum. I don't think it is a long walk even from Scott's Addition. I was talking more about convenience on a weekday for a game. Y'all are really coming at me for my long walk comment. Ha! I walked the entire Freedom Trail in Boston one day. I like to walk and hike.

I will support this place by the way.

Back