NEW VCU WEBSITE

I still can't navigate to the individual team sports from the home page. I have tried on more than one computer and get the same results. Why can't they fix the problem!

Wolfpack Ram said:
I still can't navigate to the individual team sports from the home page. I have tried on more than one computer and get the same results. Why can't they fix the problem!

I still have that problem as well.

VRam said:
Wolfpack Ram said:

I still have that problem as well.

They work fine for me

it all works for me, even on a virtual antique of a computer (circa 2002) running firefox... however, the men's basketball main page does take at least 5 hunt-and-click through points to get to... with the various click-points in different forms/places... some static menus, some drop down, some linked in text, and then there's the silly athletics splash page where you have to click the coach... kind of a winding trail of bread crumbs

I realize that it's new, and that it can take a little while to adjust to change... but was there improvement, or just change for changes sake?

I've had problems too. I still cant navigate to any of the main links from the home page. athletics is working w/the university to try and get it fixed. From what i understand it is related to the University computer/networking system and is not something that athletics can fix on their own. the athletics website runs thru the university server. Its not like last year when we had jumptv as the host. I am not a technical person at all but i would encourage you to email the university computer dept and let them know you are having difficulties. perhaps it will become a higher priority if more people make them aware of the issue.

I forgot to mention that i believe the problem is strictly related to the internet explorer web browser. i use ie version 8. apparently the university computer system server is not full compatible with this browser. try downloading a different web browser like firefox or mozilla and see if that helps !

If it works in any browser, it's not going to be a server issue. All the server does is send data to the browser.

It's likely that the issue lies with their javascript not being compliant with certain browsers.

ok so 'javascript not being compliant with certain browsers' means what exactly ?? Its nice that you know what the problem is, how about a solution ??

wavevcu said:
ok so 'javascript not being compliant with certain browsers' means what exactly ?? Its nice that you know what the problem is, how about a solution ??

Basically, the server sends the same instructions that handle the menus to all browsers. This code is written in javascript, a progamming language. The fact that certain browsers are able to execute this code without issues, while others have problems means that there is either an issue with the code, or a bug in the browser. All that they should have to do is modify the javascript so that IE can read an execute it properly. For a competent web developer, this should not be a difficult task.

xkoolaidislifex said:
Hey thats my face.

Congrats, I have passed the torch to you :) My ugly mug was up there for almost 4 years (aka, long enough).

Back