Offical vcu-odu in game thread

vcu_dan said:
Larrys posse in the house, and someone stole big banana's outfit!
That kid is a scrub sat on his rump the whole game. I leave a legacy what can I say. Any die hard junior or senior interested in doing it right I'm more than glad to talk to them. It's alright to wear the banana suit, but don't make a charade out of it.

OFTEN IMITATED, NEVER DUPLICATED!

Good team win over a strong program. Defense and sound rebounding wins the game for us along w/ outstanding effort by KP, Sanders, Nixon, Rodriguez and Burgess. Steady effort by the rest of the team especially Theus, TJ, Daniels, and Rozell on defense. Coaches deserve a huge congrats as well. Rozell confidence is down offensively but needs to keep shooting and let the game come to him and not get down on himself. All good shooters have slumps.

vcubanana said:
vcu_dan said:
That kid is a scrub sat on his rump the whole game. I leave a legacy what can I say. Any die hard junior or senior interested in doing it right I'm more than glad to talk to them. It's alright to wear the banana suit, but don't make a charade out of it.

I agree he hardly even cheered but somehow still got the qdoba queso burrito! Maybe u need to bring it back, say caa tourney time?

vcu_dan said:
vcubanana said:
vcu_dan said:

I agree he hardly even cheered but somehow still got the qdoba queso burrito! Maybe u need to bring it back, say caa tourney time?
I chose to put it out on top. I don't think I'll ever wear it again. I'm not the Brett Favre of Bananas, I'm fine walking away on top.

Summary:
1. Joey didn't score much but the few shots he hit were crucial.
2. According to espn Larry DID sit out for displinary reasons.
3. Kirill played great, nice little baby hook.
4. Gerald lee is not good.
5. B roz a bit cold, he will be clutch come caa tourney.
6. Great crowd!

vcubanana said:
I chose to put it out on top. I don't think I'll ever wear it again. I'm not the Brett Favre of Bananas, I'm fine walking away on top.
but what if u can almost lead ur team to the super bowl... :D

Although it seems Brandon is struggling to find his shot with 2 straight games with 0 points, you have to realize every team usually throws their best defender at him and we saw that today.

Brandon deserves much acclaim for his fantastic defensive play this season, the shift is obvious and today was no exception. He has developed into a fantastic defender.

The shot will fall. Keep it up B.

vcu_dan said:
Summary:
6. Great crowd!

According to Mike Ellis during the broadcast, it was simply a coaches decision and not for disciplinary reasons....

VCU4LIFE said:
vcu_dan said:
Summary:
6. Great crowd!

According to Mike Ellis during the broadcast, it was simply a coaches decision and not for disciplinary reasons....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300372670

Sanders, VCU's leading scorer, sat out the first 4:10 due to a disciplinary infraction. Kirill Pishchalnikov replaced him in the starting lineup and scored six of the Rams? first eight points.

espn could be wrong...but its what I read lol

vcu_dan said:
vcubanana said:
vcu_dan said:

He gave the burrito to the Posse if it makes you feel any better. And it was delicious.

VCU4LIFE said:

The Comcast guys kept saying it was for disciplinary reasons.

senor ram said:
Good team win over a strong program. Defense and sound rebounding wins the game for us along w/ outstanding effort by KP, Sanders, Nixon, Rodriguez and Burgess. Steady effort by the rest of the team especially Theus, TJ, Daniels, and Rozell on defense. Coaches deserve a huge congrats as well. Rozell confidence is down offensively but needs to keep shooting and let the game come to him and not get down on himself. All good shooters have slumps.
I don't know about giving Daniels props for defense. He came in when Nixon got his 2nd foul and was in for about 1 minute...someone blew right by him and then Brandon was sent in for him.

Three quick notes I am certain about:

1. Larry did not start due to disciplinary reasons.
2. There will only ever be one VCU banana.
3. Joey is a soldier. He took his wrap off of his shoulder right before the game against everyone's recommendation to have full range of motion despite the pain.

oh, btw... props to Pav for the Blaine redux... and if I'm not mistaken, Pav got a VCU win over ODU as a birthday present :!:

Back