Oh DB, where are thou?

Call me crazy...but I enjoyed all the speculation...even if it was just that. It helped create some excitement around the program in the offseason. And since we don't have football, we could use all the excitement we can get from March till November. Sure, we didn't sign that Morgan kid or see much more from Chris Evans...but we sure as shoot loved talking about the possibilities. Granted, it could get annoying if it wasn't coming from someone who was all rumor, no substance...but DB was spot on a good majority of the time.

I will never quit you DB ... :cry:

Natty said:
Call me crazy...but I enjoyed all the speculation...even if it was just that. It helped create some excitement around the program in the offseason. And since we don't have football, we could use all the excitement we can get from March till November. Sure, we didn't sign that Morgan kid or see much more from Chris Evans...but we sure as shoot loved talking about the possibilities. Granted, it could get annoying if it wasn't coming from someone who was all rumor, no substance...but DB was spot on a good majority of the time.

Natty said:

I agree Natty - he sure kept it interesting around here. And thanks to DB - we are all over here!

VCUBeatsduke

This is all very flattering and all...but it's really none of the above. I like to mix it up around here and some stuff may not be true and other stuff may be 100% dead on. I take a lot of info from various sources, including people on this board and throw it out there. Because I am anonymous, this allows me great freedom to put out whatever I want. Essentially this is the function of a message board if I am not mistaken. The question is not who I am, 'who' is merely a function of the form 'what', and what I am is a conduit of information regarding VCU basketball. Whether that information is accurate or inaccurate is irrelevant. The aim is not merely accuracy but something higher than that; the stimulation of discussion surrounding our program.

As for my absence, I am merely taking a break. We all have lives (I should hope). As mentioned by others, in my attempts to stimulate discussion and get this board lively at the beginning, I was essentially posting non-stop. While VCU basketball certainly is a passion of mine, it is not my life. :) I will be around posting, maybe not as frequently, but certainly visible. I'll let a couple of other posters catch up to my post-count first. :lol:

districtballer said:
The question is not who I am, 'who' is merely a function of the form 'what', and what I am is a conduit of information regarding VCU basketball.

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition!

xjohnx said:
districtballer said:
The question is not who I am, 'who' is merely a function of the form 'what', and what I am is a conduit of information regarding VCU basketball.

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition!

Precisely.

xjohnx said:

Wow, that sounded like voluminous vacillation to me :D

V%20for%20Vendetta-751826.jpg

districtballer said:
This is all very flattering and all...but it's really none of the above. I like to mix it up around here and some stuff may not be true and other stuff may be 100% dead on. I take a lot of info from various sources, including people on this board and throw it out there. Because I am anonymous, this allows me great freedom to put out whatever I want. Essentially this is the function of a message board if I am not mistaken. The question is not who I am, 'who' is merely a function of the form 'what', and what I am is a conduit of information regarding VCU basketball. Whether that information is accurate or inaccurate is irrelevant. The aim is not merely accuracy but something higher than that; the stimulation of discussion surrounding our program.

As for my absence, I am merely taking a break. We all have lives (I should hope). As mentioned by others, in my attempts to stimulate discussion and get this board lively at the beginning, I was essentially posting non-stop. While VCU basketball certainly is a passion of mine, it is not my life. :) I will be around posting, maybe not as frequently, but certainly visible. I'll let a couple of other posters catch up to my post-count first. :lol:

Glad you are around DB - and yes - we all have lives to live. But we can fit in a little VCU Basketball now and then... ;)

VCUBeatsduke

PS: I am now a walk-on.

I like to mix it up around here and some stuff may not be true and other stuff may be 100% dead on...Whether that information is accurate or inaccurate is irrelevant. The aim is not merely accuracy but something higher than that; the stimulation of discussion surrounding our program.

I guess I don't get it, but each poster can decide what credibility, if any, this guy has. Personally I choose integrity over "discussion," but based on all the cheerleaders, I'm probably in the minority.

districtballer said:
I'll let a couple of other posters catch up to my post-count first. :lol:

This could take a while. . .
districtballer 621
BigE 361
Mercury 280
Natty 262
Pavarotti 257
xjohnx 254
chrisbrower 244
Mistachill 211
Sometimes 189