OT: Black and Blue Baseball Classic

Yeah, I know this isn't basketball, but as everyone knows not as many people look at the other sports section. We need to get a BIG turnout of Ram Fans at the Diamond Tuesday night April 6th at 7pm, when we take on the ur spiders in Baseball.
The weather is going to be great. The Squirrels management will be running game operations for the night as this a dry run for their people before the Squirrels season opens.

We have some long winning streak against them to protect!!!

I don't want this thread-move pinned on me, not my idea :oops: :lol:

fwiw, I think OT threads with finite short-to-medium term self lives on the main board seem OK to me (but that's just imo)... when there is a set time period after which the info becomes out of date, and that period isn't overly long, it makes some sense to keep on the main page... the trick is then moving/deleting it after it's lived out its purpose

that said, it really would be better if people would just browse around VRN a bit more and not just be passive consumers

I was at the baseball games on Saturday and Sunday - we had decent crowds (for baseball) for both games, but so did the Tribe. Let's make sure we REALLY outnumber the ticks for this one, we played some pretty good baseball over the weekend. These guys deserve some support!!

10 game baseball winning streak vs UR is over...dammit!
Fun night at the diamond nonetheless.

How was the feel for the improvements made to the stadium. Much better than the old Diamond?

Still a work in progress...seats in the lower section are much better...other than that not much difference.
As I understand it a lot has gone into the areas not open to public...locker rooms ,press box etc.

Ramdog said:
Still a work in progress...seats in the lower section are much better...other than that not much difference.
As I understand it a lot has gone into the areas not open to public...locker rooms ,press box etc.

From what I saw on the news the other night I think the bulk did go into the locker rooms/workout facilities as well as the team store along the first base line and company picnic area along the third base line. It looked like the money was spent wisely. They didn't have a lot to dump into the place, and what they did spend should make a positive impact on the player and fan experience right away.

Back