OT: RIP Bill Walton

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Yeah, we're not in the former Pac-12 or anything but he's come up often enough here that it's worth posting. Bill Walton passed away from cancer today, interestingly enough one day after the final Pac-12 sporting event in its history.

Yeah, we're not in the former Pac-12 or anything but he's come up often enough here that it's worth posting. Bill Walton passed away from cancer today, interestingly enough one day after the final Pac-12 sporting event in its history.

darn. Shocker! Didn't know he was sick.

Such a great center.

Bummer...

He was like a kid coming into his own as a player when I had been out of college and in the real world... I need a hit of Geritol...

Most dominant college player I ever saw, and the most joyful adult I know. No one who ever met him has a bad word to say about him. Generous, kind, goofy . . . just a fine human being. Fare thee well Bill.

Big time Deadhead. Outspoken. He said what NEEDED to be said regardless of anyone else's opinion. Great guy who contributed a ton to hoops and society at the same time.

He had a speech impediment? Reported by NBC News. I know he had to have flashbacks. LOL

darn. Shocker! Didn't know he was sick.

Such a great center.
It's interesting because Bill was so outgoing and carefree, always loving life. Sure, I made fun of him a lot but really, I wish I could be that carefree. But meanwhile he suffered in silence, I don't think he ever publicly said he had cancer, and he was calling games as recently as this past March, with the same old antics. I'm really gutted.

Most dominant college player I ever saw, and the most joyful adult I know. No one who ever met him has a bad word to say about him. Generous, kind, goofy . . . just a fine human being. Fare thee well Bill.
I totally agree. The most dominant college player I have ever seen. He contributed immensely to the game of basketball at all levels.

Man. Sad news. Great guy! My uncle met him at a hotel bar a few years ago. He didn’t want to bother Bill but Bill approached him. Bill sat with him and chatted about books for a half hour. My uncle said Bill kept asking him about his life and my uncle was floored by that as he felt he should be the one asking Bill questions. Just super down to earth. Fantastic bballer until his knees gave out. This is a bummer.

Back