OT: Seven-footer from Denmark to play hoops at ODU

Jesus, a 21 year old freshman?!

This is hilarious. ODU plays up-tempo basketball???? LOL ! I can hear him now..."that Gerald Lee" is FAST!

If this guy thinks ODU is a uptempo team I would hate to see what pace his former team played :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

I happen to be in Norfolk when this recruit signed with ODU and the story in lcoal paper [Pilot] gave me the impression ODU's coach Taylor planned on redshirting him to enable the cultural/academic maturing, but mostly the physical. I got the impression they considered this kid a good student but that it would be his 2nd or 3rd year before he was anything more than a space eater.

While not an ODU fan, I actually think this strategy of taking a chance on developing a big kid outside the normal recruiting circles is worth considering. A nice suprise might develop. Anytime that happens with somebody over 6' 10" thats a home run.

This kid specifically, though, I have no idea about and doubt he will be of impact anytime soon [if ever?].

RamJamFan said:
I happen to be in Norfolk when this recruit signed with ODU and the story in lcoal paper [Pilot] gave me the impression ODU's coach Taylor planned on redshirting him to enable the cultural/academic maturing, but mostly the physical. I got the impression they considered this kid a good student but that it would be his 2nd or 3rd year before he was anything more than a space eater.

While not an ODU fan, I actually think this strategy of taking a chance on developing a big kid outside the normal recruiting circles is worth considering. A nice suprise might develop. Anytime that happens with somebody over 6' 10" thats a home run.

This kid specifically, though, I have no idea about and doubt he will be of impact anytime soon [if ever?].

that plan sounds nice in theory, but when was the last time they brought in a big guy who actually had a really upward developmental arc over his time in Norfolk? ...maybe VV, but that seemed to be a product more of his own grit than any kind of program player development ...otherwise they've seemed to have faded with injuries or matrimony toward their senior year .... is it their system? or have they just been snakebit?

I'd say Gerald lee fit that mold. But for every Gerald lee or alex loughton, there's a Sam Harris or a janko. Gotta roll the dice.

Back