OT- Tom Pecora leaving Hofstra...

mwalvlior said:
a little grumbling of maybe St. John's going after Northeastern Bill Coen which would be a smart move for the Johnnies, but hurt the CAA potentially.
Paul Hewitt's the lead candidate for the job right now.

VCU4LIFE said:
Come on E, he was pointing out that unlike UNCW, Hofstra wouldn't have won a bunch of titles in a period of time prior to heading down the toilet like the UNCW program has....

:arrow:

mwalvlior said:
a little grumbling of maybe St. John's going after Northeastern Bill Coen which would be a smart move for the Johnnies, but hurt the CAA potentially.

Can't see it happening. St. John's needs a guy who is going to be able to gladhand and schmooze with the alumni and media in NYC. If they throw cash at him, I'm sure.

I love what Bill's done at NU, but he's not in the Pecora, Coach L, Blaine Taylor category when it comes to his schmoozeability (and yes I made that word up).

NU Hoop Fan said:
I love what Bill's done at NU, but he's not in the Blaine Taylor category when it comes to his schmoozeability (and yes I made that word up).

Did you mean doucheability? :D

It's official as per the New York Post. Pecora will be named the Head Coach at Fordham in a press conference at 4 p.m. today. He will be making $705,000 annually.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...name_pecora_basketball_XCWyqTv2W7Lo7lJrlRBLCO

Confirming a report in today's Post, Hofstra’s Tom Pecora is the new men's basketball coach at Fordham University, winning a three-man race that will be made official at 4 p.m. today.

The search committee, put in charge of finding someone to inherit a team that went 2-26 last season, met yesterday afternoon, and produced Pecora, a Queens Village native, as the program's next leader.

A press conference is expected on The Bronx campus tomorrow.

Pecora was chosen over Robert Morris' Mike Rice and Cornell's Steve Donahue. And as reported today, he will earn $705,000 annually.

That's a lot of money, and def. more than Hofstra can give him. Can't help but feel bad for Jenkins and the guys he's leaving high and dry at Hofstra though. Man, their athletics programs are going downhill real fast.

Keep in mind the NYC cost of living. 700K in New York doesn't go quite as far as 700K in Richmond.

Mistachill said:
Kind in mind the NYC cost of living. 700K in New York doesn't go quite as far as 700K in Richmond.

So $705,000 in NYC is equivelant to $300 - $400 annually most places. :lol:

According to BankRate.com, 700,000 in Nassau/Suffolk NY is the equilivant to $466,722 in Richmond.

YouveBeenRammed said:
Mistachill said:
Kind in mind the NYC cost of living. 700K in New York doesn't go quite as far as 700K in Richmond.

Mistachill said:
According to BankRate.com, 700,000 in Nassau/Suffolk NY is the equilivant to $466,722 in Richmond.

YouveBeenRammed said:
Mistachill said:

That is pretty substantial. But still, no way Hofstra could pay him that. Like I said I really like Coach Pecora and wish him the best. It will not surprise me to see Fordham contending in a few years.

Mistachill said:

YouveBeenRammed said:
Mistachill said:

I could probably live off that.

vcubanana said:
mwalvlior said:

Hewitt has also turned them down twice in the past. Their next choice other than Billy D who will turn them down also, is greenburg. Hopefully he takes them up on it

Mistachill said:

a lot of that on the island is because of the outrageous property taxes.

GimmeYoWhistle said:
vcubanana said:
mwalvlior said:

Hewitt has also turned them down twice in the past. Their next choice other than Billy D who will turn them down also, is greenburg. Hopefully he takes them up on it

yea not sure why hewitt would leave ga tech for st. johns.

Back