OT- Tom Pecora leaving Hofstra...

He just wanted to be a RAM! And this way he's at least one in name.

In all honesty this move doesn't make sense for him. The Hofstra program is in much better shape then the Fordham program. I've had the opportunity to speak to Coach Pecora in the past and he is a genuinely nice guy. He always spoke very highly of VCU's support and how he is jealous of it. The CAA is losing a very classy guy.

Side notes-
Bobby Gonzalez to HU

Wendy Larry to UNCW

I've always liked Tom Pecora. Real nice personality and a pretty darn good basketball coach. He's always been very complimentary of the Rams, to boot. I hope he does well wherever he goes. Always struck me as a classy fella.

Pavarotti said:
Side notes-
Bobby Gonzalez to HU

Wendy Larry to UNCW

well then hofstra just got a lot more street cred or at least need for a police spotter

interesting. i always liked this guy as well.

oh yeah....moderator artram, there's a clean up on aisle 3.
a clean up on aisle 3.

Yeah I actually don't mind it being moved, just figured more people would see it on the general board and it is pretty significant news. Go ahead and move it though if it needs to be! :)

Personally, I think it is a step forward. Sure Fordham is in the basement....but bring her up to the respectable #4 spot and at least you have an NIT bid...#3 spot and you likely will be dancing. That is likely never going to happen in the CAA IMO.

districtballer said:
for Fordham???

As per Jeff Goodman.

http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox

Multiple sources told FOXSports.com that Hofstra's Tom Pecora is close to a done deal to leave for Fordham job.

If that's the case that's a big step backwards for Pecora. I guess he really meant that he wanted to go to the A-10.

Yeah I gotta think this is a step up conference wise and Salary wise

who knows maybe the Hofstra AD and him werent seeing eye to eye on things

Shaka Smart to HU :cry: :arrow:

:lol:

Agreed. It's a step up conference-wise. That's not even arguable anymore. We used to pretend the CAA and A-10 were similar, but they've really moved on from their bad years and its clear they are a better league. That said, Fordham is like the Towson/Georgia State of the A-10...and they have a lot of very solid teams that they would have to leap frog to get to the post-season.

districtballer said:
Agreed. It's a step up conference-wise. That's not even arguable anymore. We used to pretend the CAA and A-10 were similar, but they've really moved on from their bad years and its clear they are a better league. That said, Fordham is like the Towson/Georgia State of the A-10...and they have a lot of very solid teams that they would have to leap frog to get to the post-season.

Yeah, but I guess he figures thats a better path to the BCS. It would be like Bosewell from Morgan State taking over at Towson. Sure they suck but it has potential to be better than where he was before.

Back