OT: Where will Jeff Capel end up?

Where will Jeff Capel by in the next 3 years?

• Still at Oklahoma

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • At another BCS school

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Coaching a mid-major

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Out of coaching

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
The sky seems to be falling on our ex coach in Norman, Oklahoma. Was just wondering what you all think will happen to Jeff within the next few years...

i_live_in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpg

I kid, i kid. Jeff will be fine. I think he'll eventually end up back in ACC.

xjohnx said:
I think he'll eventually end up back in ACC.

I think so too. But I bet Jeff will not leave OU until the house is in order. While this has been a difficult year for him I don't see him running away until the Sooner program is strong again. That's just the kind of person I think he is.

If he doesn't turn it around in OK he might be in the MEAC. I don't believe he has proven himself to be an exceptional coach, but he's a good recruiter.

I considered a similar post, but it came from the highest authority, did it not? And it's not strictly off topic...

It's the offseason....won't just about every thread be OT for the next 7 months???

Longwood. They owe him for all the times he scheduled us to play them. Based on the same theory, Hampton is a front-runner as well.

Rambunctious said:
If he doesn't turn it around in OK he might be in the MEAC. I don't believe he has proven himself to be an exceptional coach, but he's a good recruiter.

He isn't a good recruiter, just has good credit, or purchase power!
Money talks, or recruits walk!

L72boy said:
Rambunctious said:

He isn't a good recruiter, just has good credit, or purchase power!
Money talks, or recruits walk!

That was an Oklahoma donor that gave money to Gallon!

Coach Capel is one heck of a recruiter. Nick George, BA Walker, Jesse Pellot Rosa, Troy Godwin, Jamal Shuler, Eric Maynor. He brought in great talent. I'll never forget his story about Nick George he told at his banquet (when he came back after he accepted the Oklahoma posistion). He had just recently been hired by VCU and he was really after Nick hard. He said he was flying somewhere on the recruiting trail and he wrote on the back of one of the "throw up" bags in the front of his seat "If you don't come to VCU then I'm going to throw up in this bag" and sent it to Nick George. He really did always have a connection with recruits.

Back