I think everyone here is a wee bit too high on Santil and Skeen. Yes they will be two additional big bodies out there but I've rarely seen a transfer come in and blow away everyone their first year out after sitting out for a year gathering rust. Also, Santil has been used sparingly since he arrived here at VCU. You guys act like these two will be the second coming. They will help, yes......but I really don't think they will be making any major contributions until February. And at that point it likely will only be one who gets most of the playing time while the other is held in reserve.
Just my two cents...hope they prove me wrong.
I totally understand where you're coming from with the tempered expectations on Skeen and Santil but people need to realize that Skeen is a really good player when healthy. He is a big, quick for his size, and can score the ball from just about anywhere on the floor. He will provide a second post option, sometimes the first option, and has the range to hit the 3. I really feel that Jamie has the game to be a 2nd-3rd team All-ACC player and his transferring to VCU was an enormous get for the Rams. Jamie and Jay will need some time to get used to playing in "real" games again after their transfer years but both of these guys will be huge parts of what we do as a team this year.
Santil doesn't have anywhere near the offensive skills that Jamie does and to expect a ton of production from him would be asking a lot. However, he is a tremendous athlete who can rebound which is an area of concern for the Rams outside of the 6-11 BEAST we have in the middle. Terrance will provide front court depth and 5 fouls a night that we will desperately need when facing ODU, GMU, JMU, and NE.
As far as last night goes:
1. Larry F-ing Sanders!!!!!!! Unreal how much he has improved in 2 years.
2. Brandon looks like a different player out there. Brimming with confidence and that old "Springer Swagger" that he didn't really show a lot last year. This system is perfect for him.
3. The first 10 minutes were some of the best I think I've ever seen Joey play.
4. Bradford's offensive rebounding will be a huge asset if he can keep it up against bigger PF's this season. He just seems to have an incredible "feel" for the game.
5. TJ is the man. Great "glue" guy.
I know it was only an exhibition game but a really good start to the season in my opinion. I have a ton of respect for VUU and I liked more things than I thought I would about the Rams performance last night.