Post Game Thoughts

morrisar said:
I think wavevcu, Rambunctious, deadpoet, and myself were all watching the same game while some of you were watching Cartoon Network. Sloppy win. Blame it on Joey's injury at the end of the game. He was making a lot of mistakes before the injury. I do give Joey props for playing through it and especially for hitting those two free throws immediately following. If anyone thinks George Washington was even CLOSE in terms of talent, then you are being WAY too nice. These lob passes are killing us. They are just asking for the other team to pick them off. I just don't think Shaka has the discipline that Grant had. Our players are getting by with sloppy play that they wouldn't have under Grant. The adjustments we need to make are things we can work on over the next five days. Let's just hope we get Charleston on Monday and can correct these mistakes and get that next W!

Watching it live must have had a different effect. I really think you guys are nit picking way too much on this. No, GW is not all that good and sure we made mistakes, but geeze that's basketball. That's why we're playing, so we can see what works well and what doesn't in real game situations and improve. The game had it's high's and low's but so does every basketball game. If you want to b!tch about every little thing then that's up to you, I guess the crowd and the positives didn't come through over the TV.

I got home from the game last night and had a voice message from a friend who was a HS AD and he said he never saw VCU look so bad. Guess that sums it up. Some bright spots, but not a team effort.

ramathon74 said:
I got home from the game last night and had a voice message from a friend who was a HS AD and he said he never saw VCU look so bad. Guess that sums it up. Some bright spots, but not a team effort.

If the HS AD says so it must be true.

got home from the game last night and had a voice message from a friend who was a HS AD and he said he never saw VCU look so bad. Guess that sums it up. Some bright spots, but not a team effort

Guess he missed the JMU game or the western mich or W&M or...

an ugly win is a beautiful thing

Ramdog said:
got home from the game last night and had a voice message from a friend who was a HS AD and he said he never saw VCU look so bad. Guess that sums it up. Some bright spots, but not a team effort

Guess he missed the JMU game or the western mich or W&M or...

an ugly win is a beautiful thing

Don't forget Drexel.

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN

I loved the endzone seating the Rowdies got. Messing with the shooters was fun plus you get a top view of everything. Second half VCU fans just dominated GW's fans. I saw some GW 50+yr olds jumping up and down to kernkraft I believe even when it looked like VCU had closed the deal. It was pretty cool to see GW's older alumni get pumped for their team. GW students were just outmatched especially sitting right in the middle of the VCU section. Overall the arena was a nice place.

Skeen was just awesome. Three 3pointers in the first half and fought inside all night. Good to see that their allowing him to use the outside shooting ability he has.(I believe he was around 35% from 3 at Wake Forest)

Rozel ;) :lol: - Roz was enjoying himself out there tonight. He kept the team relaxed with his humorous moments such as his dance to Party in the USA while draining threes at halftime which left most Ram fans laughing especially when they turned it off and he got annoyed. :lol:

Bradford and Nixon- Coming up big when VCU needed them too. I always trust Burgess to step up when the Rams need him and been one of my favorite players since the game at Richmond last season.

Sanders- not his greatest game but he hit big shots down the stretch like the And 1 with a couple mins left.

Troy- Man some big threes plus his composure at the foul line at the end closing the deal. Some criticize the guy for his defense sometimes but he has a lot of potential.

Joey- not a amazing game but his leadership on the floor kept VCU composed when GW tried to come back. No doubt he's the leader on that team and the Rams needed someone to lead them if they were gonna walk out with a win last night.

RRR said:
Joey- not a amazing game but his leadership on the floor kept VCU composed when GW tried to come back. No doubt he's the leader on that team and the Rams needed someone to lead them if they were gonna walk out with a win last night.

I thought Joey had a pretty solid game. Although, he seemed to be limping around. Looked like he tweaked something when he tripped over the photographer. Anyone know his status?

D-Hoesevelt said:
RRR said:

I thought Joey had a pretty solid game. Although, he seemed to be limping around. Looked like he tweaked something when he tripped over the photographer. Anyone know his status?

Definitely solid game if you take into account the crash on the baseline with photographer. We were sitting right over the baseline and had top view of the crash. He knocked a entire piece of the camera flying. :lol: He seemed a little ginger after that but he's a tough guy. I expect him to be alright for Monday. I guess having the games split up a little worked to VCU's advantage in the end. 16 pts while hobbling around is pretty darn good.

I'm happy we won. I don't think we played all that well and jacking up 27 three is too much in my opinion. But it was a very quick turn around time for this game and the players didn't have much time to prepare for a mid-tier A10 team.

Hopefully we will pull things together for our next game...a home game....with the extra time we have to prepare.

Best of luck to the team. Make us proud.

deadpoet said:
I watched he game.
1. Pt. guard has 8 turnovers. Doesn't include sloppy passes taking away offensive pattern.
2. Lethargic passing. You have to love slow lob passes if you are a defender.
3. Quick shots with little time off of the clock. Those shots are available throughout the entire 35 seconds.
4. Poor inside defense. No blockouts.
5. Pt. guard consistently dribbles into corners and to the baseline, leaves feet with ball without knowing who is open.
6. Team is on a killer run. Replace team with a new 5.
7. Player goes to hoop on nice drive and hits a 3. Gets pulled.
8. The team does not quit and won the game. It is a road win regardless of its lack of beauty. One day I watched a guy hit a wormburner on a short par 3 and the ball went in the hole. When we finished the round his card showed that he had hit a hole in one. A 1 is a 1. A W is a W. Every one on the team will have a completely different game next time out, including the coach.

how many logins is morriar going to sign up for to try and hide identity?

ramtastic83 said:
deadpoet said:
I watched he game.
1. Pt. guard has 8 turnovers. Doesn't include sloppy passes taking away offensive pattern.
3. Quick shots with little time off of the clock. Those shots are available throughout the entire 35 seconds.
5. Pt. guard consistently dribbles into corners and to the baseline, leaves feet with ball without knowing who is open.
8. The team does not quit and won the game. It is a road win regardless of its lack of beauty. One day I watched a guy hit a wormburner on a short par 3 and the ball went in the hole. When we finished the round his card showed that he had hit a hole in one. A 1 is a 1. A W is a W. Every one on the team will have a completely different game next time out, including the coach.

reading that post you would have thought we lost by 20

deadpoet said:

Im not sure how this is physically possible and if it is they deserved to get pulled :roll:

Mercury said:
ramtastic83 said:
deadpoet said:
I watched he game.

Seems to be a common theme around here. Winning, although not always pretty, isn't enough anymore?

D-Hoesevelt said:
ramtastic83 said:
deadpoet said:
I watched he game.

Seems to be a common theme around here. Winning, although not always pretty, isn't enough anymore?

I think deadpoet would be happier on Mason's board. Its all doom and gloom right now.

Once again - WE HAD ERIC MAYNOR THE LAST THREE YEARS!!!!! I am so tired of hearing this myth about how discipline we were last year under Grant. Yeah, because he had arguably the best player in school history with the ball in his hands 80% of the time. I love how people just dismiss the impact of having a great point guard controlling the offense when reflecting on how great we were under Grant.

If we were so disciplined why did we have far more techs last year under Grant than this year? Why did we have guys playing with their shorts falling off their behinds? Perception is not reality. If your only memory of the Grant years are the CAA title games and the Duke/Pitt games, yeah I guess you would have that perception.

Man I wish you could go in the archives and watch the other games. To me, Sanders is the lone example of a player who played more disciplined last year versus this year and as we all know there's a lot that contributed to that.

p.s. - Joey is playing on a level I never expected him to perform at (and props to him for doing that)...and he's still light years from being on Eric's level.

morrisar said:
I think wavevcu, Rambunctious, deadpoet, and myself were all watching the same game while some of you were watching Cartoon Network. Sloppy win. Blame it on Joey's injury at the end of the game. He was making a lot of mistakes before the injury. I do give Joey props for playing through it and especially for hitting those two free throws immediately following. If anyone thinks George Washington was even CLOSE in terms of talent, then you are being WAY too nice. These lob passes are killing us. They are just asking for the other team to pick them off. I just don't think Shaka has the discipline that Grant had. Our players are getting by with sloppy play that they wouldn't have under Grant. The adjustments we need to make are things we can work on over the next five days. Let's just hope we get Charleston on Monday and can correct these mistakes and get that next W!

Back