Post Game Thoughts

fmrick said:
Nothing you can do about it now, but I just had higher expectations of Shaka entering the season. Having talked with the guy before the season, I really thought he knew what he was doing and believed he would get it done.

Have you ever considered that the above statement has more to do with your ability to evaluate talent and potential than anything else?

Man what kind of retarded logic is that. The guy sounded cool so I had high expectations? Whoever you quoted must have put a little draino in their fruit punch

ViCtorioUs said:
MarcusNation said:
New Rule:

If you thought we shouldn't play in the CBI, then you don't get to comment on the games.

Your season ended already.

;)

I'm a VCU homer. Why aren't you?

While I agree with this mostly, we are a diverse group here and everyone should have their say. I too am a VCU homer as are many of the most critical posters on these boards. I know this personally.

And THIS, Victorious, is why you are one of my favorites among our fans! You're fair, you're not hyper sensitive to opposing thought, and you understand that we all have the same end goal as each other...for VCU to be the very best! The difference in opinion are in how it is that we get there.

fmrick said:
Nothing you can do about it now, but I just had higher expectations of Shaka entering the season. Having talked with the guy before the season, I really thought he knew what he was doing and believed he would get it done.

Have you ever considered that the above statement has more to do with your ability to evaluate talent and potential than anything else?

Perhaps his higher expectations came from the athletic dept hyping the guy all summer as the next Capel/Grant/John Wooden!

Why does it have to be that YOU are the correct one and others who disagree are not? There are dozens and dozens of fans who have been disappointed in the coaching this year...they just dont post! Believe me, I've talked to them...ranging from older fans, to students, to people working alongisde the program directly. As I've said, the population of this board is not reflective of the VCU fan base as a whole and their opinions.

From what I've heard on the last two pages, I'd have thought we lost the game and nobody showed up to watch the Rams play. Far from the truth.

I went (with my mom and stepdad, the former decked out in her pink "VCU Mom" T-shirt) and enjoyed the game. Yes it was a bit unnerving when that one guy went off and kept slashing through our defense for easy buckets, but it was a hard-fought game and we came out on top. We had more Rams fans than they had Colonials fans, and it was kind of funny when they tried to rally their crowd and we just cheered over top of them. One GW fan friend of mine said he was surprised there was so much VCU turnout at the game. I told him I wasn't; we have some of the best fans in the Mid-Atlantic.

Anyway, we won on the road against a team that beat Mason (something we failed to do at Northeastern and at James Madison). It's a small step in the right direction, I think. Skeen showed off his range, Nixon stepped it up, and J-Rod played through pain and hit a pair of clutch foul shots.

Why is our fan base so unwilling to give credit to the teams we play against? Give credit to GW for making an adjustment in the second half and reeling us in. We hung in and didn't collapse after they went on a 16-6 run.

Don't pay attention to hype just look at the facts that are known. We have a young coach in his first head coaching job. It takes a lawyer about five years to be comfortable with the practice. It use to take a CPA at one of the old Big 8 firms seven to eight years to be offered an ownership interest. The coach knows his basketball and he is learning how to apply his knowledge in real time with a group of 17- 21 year old personalities who have different skill levels and skill sets. His knowledge of the game will shorten his learning curve and he will be an excellent head coach sooner than later.
However, if next years hype is "Yes we can" I am terminating my future contributions.

Back