Recruiting Qudus Wahab: closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Recruiting Report: 2019 Qudus Wahab

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/recruiting-report-2019-qudus-wahab/

Posted On: 06/19/18 6:31 PM

'Our 5th ranked prospect in the state of Virginia 2019 rankings, Qudus Wahab, has added lots of muscle to his body which has allowed him to add new dimensions to his game. He really impressed me with his rebounding ability on both sides of the ball at NBPA Top 100 Camp. He finished well around the rim and was able to use his size and muscle to control his defenders down low in the post. Defensively he played good defense and troubled his opposition when he was guarding them. If he keeps on adding more seize and improving like he has been, I would expect even more high major programs to get involved with his talents.'

"Many schools are involved with Wahab and when asked what schools are prioritizing him, he said, “Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, VCU, Syracuse, UConn, LSU and Louisville.” He broke down some of those schools he mentioned for us below'

VCU: “I was there for a camp last year. I have an offer from them and I want to visit again. I have talked to the head coach and assistant too.”

YESSS!!!!!!!!!

104N.gif

This is getting serious!!! Where is the VCU twitter brigade??? Why I am the only VCU fan talking him up on twitter?? c'mon people!!!! Let's root him in here!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

'Our 5th ranked prospect in the state of Virginia 2019 rankings, Qudus Wahab, has added lots of muscle to his body which has allowed him to add new dimensions to his game. He really impressed me with his rebounding ability on both sides of the ball at NBPA Top 100 Camp. He finished well around the rim and was able to use his size and muscle to control his defenders down low in the post. Defensively he played good defense and troubled his opposition when he was guarding them. If he keeps on adding more seize and improving like he has been, I would expect even more high major programs to get involved with his talents.'

"Many schools are involved with Wahab and when asked what schools are prioritizing him, he said, “Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, VCU, Syracuse, UConn, LSU and Louisville.” He broke down some of those schools he mentioned for us below'

VCU: “I was there for a camp last year. I have an offer from them and I want to visit again. I have talked to the head coach and assistant too.”

YESSS!!!!!!!!!

104N.gif

This is getting serious!!! Where is the VCU twitter brigade??? Why I am the only VCU fan talking him up on twitter?? c'mon people!!!! Let's root him in here!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Bruh don’t worry, I’ve been following since last summer too. I like the guy, but you, you may need a restraining order when he comes to visit! Jk, I like the kid and hope he visits and loves it

YESSS!!!!!!!!!

104N.gif

You did it DL, all that positive energy and the arch of the universe is moving Qudus Wahab toward VCU! let;s keep it up! I'll follow him now.

Why I am the only VCU fan talking him up on twitter?? c'mon people!!!! Let's root him in here!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hear is why, because Bacot hasn’t said no and most people want to believe he is coming to VCU and those that don’t think there is a snowballs chance don’t believe we are in a position to get any top level big as they are so few in number. That covers about 90% of the people. Me personally, I can think of positives and negatives of both but haven’t studied either enough to choose one over the other. A players skill set has to fit with a coaching staffs game plan

Interesting. I was talking with a VT alumnus the other day and he could have sworn that, this dude is in the locks with the chokies. Gosh I hate VT fans... always over confident and arrogant

Not sure why you would single him out on the message board especially when VCU is in with Armando Bacot and some other big men. Unless you know he is top priority other players will see his name singled out while their name is not. My wish on this board would be to have a recruiting section and inside each player could be listed. Most message boards do this. @Natty @MattRock

Not sure why you would single him out on the message board especially when VCU is in with Armando Bacot and some other big men. Unless you know he is top priority other players will see his name singled out while their name is not. My wish on this board would be to have a recruiting section and inside each player could be listed. Most message boards do this. @Natty @MattRock

Funny. Larrier and Mack were singled out in the past on this board.

Pardon me, a 6'11 elite top 80 center says he wants to visit us, i proceed to rely the troops on twitter and you have a problem with it?

Funny. Larrier and Mack were singled out in the past on this board.

Pardon me, a 6'11 elite top 80 center says he wants to visit us, i proceed to rely the troops on twitter and you have a problem with it?
I do not remember that. I remember there being a thread after they committed. Oh and you do not have to prove me wrong if that is the case. Have at creating individual threads. Just not sure why since others are in the running for VCU.

I do not remember that. I remember there being a thread after they committed.

maybe not the thread. But certainly the appeals to get fans to follow a player on twitter during recruitment has become a normal practice.

maybe not the thread. But certainly the appeals to get fans to follow a player on twitter during recruitment has become a normal practice.
Yep. Have at it DL. Just saying that there is a recruiting thread to discuss this. I saw this same exact post in there too. Not sure why the fanaticism by you when it comes to this recruit.

Yep. Have at it DL. Just saying that there is a recruiting thread to discuss this. I saw this same exact post in there too. Not sure why the fanaticism by you when it comes to this recruit.

geee..I don't know...the same reason the vast majority of fans are fanatical about Bacot's recruitment...

I've seen wahab play more than Bacote. i know how good he can become.

he's an 4* top 80 center living in our backyard with more upside than any center to seriously consider vcu in recent memory. he's interested in coming to us. Why not appeal to the fan base for support?

it's quite possible that VCU staff envisions a front line of Bacote AND Wahab playing alongside each other.

VCU's tried the twin tower approach in the past with henlan and 7' guy Georgia Tech transfer.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that we didn't need a new thread for a kid that has not yet scheduled a visit and/or cut his list.

I think posting everything pertaining to him daily in the recruiting thread was probably enough.

Hardest spot to fill for a program like VCU is a legit center to match up with the big boys. This would be HUGE. Thought Bacote was out? Bacote is more a versatile forward right? Really wouldn’t be a twin towers thing. Is Bacote still interested?

Hardest spot to fill for a program like VCU is a legit center to match up with the big boys. This would be HUGE. Thought Bacote was out? Bacote is more a versatile forward right? Really wouldn’t be a twin towers thing. Is Bacote still interested?
Short answer. YES

Back