Question

vcu_dan said:
I hate to be critical...but he looks worse than last year. I mean last year he was hitting some nice little baby hook shots and boxing people out. This year instead of boxing people out he just takes them out by falling on them.
Why box out when you can just kill them? I think we will have some games when Kirill will see quite a bit of action. Even once T & J are playing it always helps to have a 265 pound solid rock to come in and lean on guys for a while. It all depends on the match ups, and of course he will have to limit the fouls in order to stay in the game.

P.S. I hope you are done with your school work.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
P.S. I hope you are done with your school work.
yeah about that...lets just say its going to be an all nighter

I think the answer to this has less to do with who loses time than it does with what the team will gain. Right now we are playing a very aggressive style of basketball with just two guys over 6'5" and we are getting killed on the boards on a regular basis. Also, Larry or Kiril almost have to be on the court all the time.

Now, what the addition of Skeen and Saintil will do for us is allow Shaka to spread the minutes out more so we can play even more aggressively (especially inside the paint) and we can play at the "havoc" pace for longer periods of time. So, I think no one player loses significant minutes, but each will be called on to play harder for a slightly reduced period of time. Make sense?

Back